150PS - weird boost loss issues

JFWerkstatt

joshuaaitken
VCDS User
Trade Member
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Evening,
Had an intermittent fault in my euro 6 150 for a couple of months but, yesterday was really bad.
The van seems to lose boost in hot weather whilst under load going up any incline. It also sometimes hesitates whilst pulling away as if there’s a split second there’s no boost then it picks it back up.
The boost does not come back until the engine is at idle ish, no fault codes thrown and nothing too weird in the logs. I have interrogated the logs and all I can see that they show are a complete loss of boost at whatever rpm it happens (rpm varies).
I think it’s a dodgy wastegate, maybe sticking open after it reaches a certain point it it’s travel as the turbo seems fine and it’s intermittent,
Had anyone had a similar scenario?
I have searched everywhere for some clues in this but cannot seem to find anything, any help is much appreciated.
Does anyone know where supply CHX watergates? TIA, Josh

Hey Joshua, new to the forum and to vw in general. Bought a T6 T32 camper last week, just been to Devon the day after purchase, noticed the litte plucks of turbo loss a couple of times and on the way home the same loss on inclines, fine for ages then would happen. Have you found anymore about the problem as it sounds the same ? Tia

Back