Loss of power after DPF removal

Robert watson

wonder if anyone can help, my van came up a dpf fault I’ve had the dog taken out of my t6 had it mapped an there’s still loss of power but now showing no faults or codes. Has anyone seen this at all an could anyone point me in the direction the problem could be, I’ve been told egr valve or mane the turbo how ever the turbo does still have its whistle like it’s working.
Thanks

wonder if anyone can help, my van came up a dpf fault I’ve had the dog taken out of my t6 had it mapped an there’s still loss of power but now showing no faults or codes. Has anyone seen this at all an could anyone point me in the direction the problem could be, I’ve been told egr valve or mane the turbo how ever the turbo does still have its whistle like it’s working.
Thanks
Robert, is your view about it being down on power a subjective feeling or has a dyno told you it's low?
I'm guessing you've done the obvious things like changing the air filter?
If you can let us know more (what engine is it?) there's a better chance somebody can offer the best advice.

The dog was dpf, predictive changed it.

it’s the 2.0 150bhp tdi highline
The dpf has been removed an remapped, but still no power so I’ve been told it could be a turbo or dpf

If you can hear turbo whistle , maybe you have a leak on the boost side?

The sound of the whistle hasn’t changed since I bought the van, it just all of a sudden lost power engine management an the coil light came on an on the computer it read dpf spot fault. That’s why we removed the dpf an had it mapped, but still no power an now there’s no warning lights

It's possible there was two faults. Dpf being one and another somewhere else. It could be a possible boost leak as said above. A split pipe or faulty end can be a painful one to find and diagnose.

Is it low on power through all the rev range or just higher up where boost should be?

It’s in low power all the time, but it’s like the turbo wants to kick in you can hear the whistle but there’s nothing there

Try unplugging the MAF sensor to see if there is any difference.

Possible sticky actuator arm/wastgate stuck open.
Or dead turbo is my tuppence worth. Check for play in the shaft.

Back