Arron_t6

Paint Sprayer
Hi there guys

I've recently purchased my first ever VW T6 and I love ❤️ it I am just wondering if anyone can help me I would like to try and get some more horsepower it is a 102bph manual without putting a 6 speed gearbox which I need what else can I do apart from a remap and a bigger intercooler I am also after a set of zrh-3 wheels please help guys

IMG-20230406-WA0056.jpeg

20230128_093720.jpg

IMG-20221223-WA0004.jpeg

IMG-20221223-WA0008.jpeg

Welcome!
That's a stunning looking van and I like those wheels. But anyway, to answer your question, you should be very careful before increasing the power, the 5 speed box is not as strong as the 6 speed box and some remapping companies won't remap vans with the 5 speed box. I know that some forum members have remapped vans with 5 speed boxes but you need to make an informed choice.

Welcome!
That's a stunning looking van and I like those wheels. But anyway, to answer your question, you should be very careful before increasing the power, the 5 speed box is not as strong as the 6 speed box and some remapping companies won't remap vans with the 5 speed box. I know that some forum members have remapped vans with 5 speed boxes but you need to make an informed choice.
Thanks dave...

Yeah it looks ok for now but going to look sick ready for next year's show due to myself being a paint Spraying she going in for a big paint job and the wheels on it r not to bad but need to find zrh-3 if u can help me out there was a set on here but sold and your question to do with a gearbox I have been in contact with dark side development recently to do with a 6-speed gearbox and they strongly advise myself to change the gearbox to a 6 speed which I will do but the big question what power could I be looking

I think a remap on a 5 speed maybe okay if they don't go mad on the torque.

Thanks dave...

Yeah it looks ok for now but going to look sick ready for next year's show due to myself being a paint Spraying she going in for a big paint job and the wheels on it r not to bad but need to find zrh-3 if u can help me out there was a set on here but sold and your question to do with a gearbox I have been in contact with dark side development recently to do with a 6-speed gearbox and they strongly advise myself to change the gearbox to a 6 speed which I will do but the big question what power could I be looking
Arron, could you please give me some advice on my other post , just received my t6 and it had the side panels painted, unfortunately it's an awful job

Back