102 EU6,is anyone running one?

Scruffy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
With all the talk on here about mpg, and some drivers lack of it, I was wondering if there was anyone running the EU6 102 engine ( the greenest) and what mpg are they getting. I don't nor do I have any interest in getting one, but I was interest to see are they as frugal as claimed.

A friend is running a 1.6cdi Vito and says it's pants in terms of claimed mpg.

I find small power engines have to work harder so often end up being worse.
102 is okay in a bare van but any more would be struggling; too many converters use 102 (orc even 85s!) for full camper conversions; it's just not enough power.

I find small power engines have to work harder so often end up being worse.
102 is okay in a bare van but any more would be struggling; too many converters use 102 (orc even 85s!) for full camper conversions; it's just not enough power.
I'm running a 102 and can consistently get 43 mpg the best I've had is 53mpg on way way to work

IMG_0064.JPG

That's converted, Sca roof,Cali front and rear seat and full length units.
Nothing in them though, currently running 16" wheels but looking at 18"s

I have done about 250 miles in my new 150bhp Highline Kombi t6 and around town I'm only getting 30 ish mpg, on a run on the weekend I only got mid 30's though it wasn't open motorway driving. I was expecting more tbh. Good job I only do around 6k miles a year max ha ha. On another note if I fitted some genuine T6 Sportline 18's would this be classed as a modification or not as it is within the standard parameters that VW spec on the vehicle?
Thanks

Most of my driving is around 40-60 mph and no traffic as such, only sometimes stop once at the set of traffic lights.

I have done about 250 miles in my new 150bhp Highline Kombi t6 and around town I'm only getting 30 ish mpg, on a run on the weekend I only got mid 30's though it wasn't open motorway driving. I was expecting more tbh. Good job I only do around 6k miles a year max ha ha. On another note if I fitted some genuine T6 Sportline 18's would this be classed as a modification or not as it is within the standard parameters that VW spec on the vehicle?
Thanks

I have a 150 Kombi manual sport line, completed 40mile trip back home on monday, mostly 50/60mph. Some twisty roads too. I managed to complete that doing 47mpg.
Yes, it's can be a bit boring, but it is doable if you really need / want to.

At the end of the day all the engines are identical apart from the 204ps engine. I've ordered a 102 powered van and will just get it remapped if I find it doesn't have enough torque. I never looked at the mpg figures when I ordered it. It's depreciation that will cost you thousands more than any MPG costs!

I take it by the lack of replies, not too many people have gone for this engine.

No, I don't think so the 6speed gearbox is the attractive option of the bigger engines.

Back