Zone Down Lighting

DM812

Looking to install 6 down lights in the back but ideally want these in “zones” of two lights controlled by 3 rocker switches so not all lights have to be switched on at once.

How would these be wired in so that I can have them going back to 1 fuse in the fuse box rather than an individual fuse for each “zone”?

Yes, if the rocker switch neutral (black) is to power an illuminated switch, no if it is a double throw switch. No need to run the neutral from the lights back to the switch, just pick up a convenient body earth.

Yes, if the rocker switch neutral (black) is to power an illuminated switch, no if it is a double throw switch. No need to run the neutral from the lights back to the switch, just pick up a convenient body earth.

The rocker switch has a blue led inside to show the switch is on so does this mean the switch will also need to be grounded?

The reason for going to the neutral from the lights to the switch is because I’ve already ran the fuse from the fuse box to where the switch will be.

Do you need a switch with an indication LED? The lights being on is the best indication that the switch is on.

Do you need a switch with an indication LED? The lights being on is the best indication that the switch is on.

I've got some low level lights around the bottom of my RnR bed and kitchen area that I can't see if the bed is out so a light on the switch would work for me.

Reactions: DXX
Back