YoYo Glidemotion LWB Clearcut Frustration

drinfinity

VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’ve been waiting for months for the new YoYo Glidemotion sliding bed from Clearcut Conversions. I’ve been in regular contact with them about a LWB slider as soon it becomes available.

The new beds appeared for sale yesterday, and today they told me they are not doing a LWB version. So I have wasted months, and I now have to start at the back of the queue with a more expensive option from Titan or elsewhere.

So if you want a SWB slider then good luck, if you want LWB you can’t order one because apparently there isn’t enough demand (maybe because you can’t order one!).

That's ridiculous, especially when you consider that all they needed to do was produce longer rails.

I've got one in mine so know exactly what makes it work.

The saga continues- Titan will supply bed and rails, but won’t fit to my 4motion as it’s too big a job mechanically for them and they don’t have a lift. They gave me a tale of woe about the one that they have done previously.

I was always planning to do this job anyway, but has anyone fitted floor rails to a 4motion? I was prepared to lower the exhaust and unbolt the brackets around the prop shaft bearings to get the heat shields out, but I’m not too keen on disturbing driveshafts if I can avoid it.

The saga continues- Titan will supply bed and rails, but won’t fit to my 4motion as it’s too big a job mechanically for them and they don’t have a lift. They gave me a tale of woe about the one that they have done previously.

I was always planning to do this job anyway, but has anyone fitted floor rails to a 4motion? I was prepared to lower the exhaust and unbolt the brackets around the prop shaft bearings to get the heat shields out, but I’m not too keen on disturbing driveshafts if I can avoid it.
I have a LWB 4mot with a Reimo Variotech. Why do you need to get underneath & start dismantling the van? The Reimo rails are bonded on the inside. I assumed this was industry standard.

I looked at the Reimo Variotech and was informed by a converter that to carry out bonding only you had to be certified by Reimo. Makes sense from a safety perspective.

The bonded ones would be much easier, but yes, they are only done by an approved fitter, and only for the Variotech bed, which is expensive and too high off the floor. I looked at them at a show, and they are the best engineered, but not the most ergonomic.

The bonded ones would be much easier, but yes, they are only done by an approved fitter, and only for the Variotech bed, which is expensive and too high off the floor. I looked at them at a show, and they are the best engineered, but not the most ergonomic.
But on the other hand… as you say, easy to fit, and according to their sales guy available this side of Christmas, and not too far from me. Compromises starting to swing towards the Variotech now…

I have a LWB 4mot with a Reimo Variotech. Why do you need to get underneath & start dismantling the van? The Reimo rails are bonded on the inside. I assumed this was industry standard.
How do you like the Variotech for comfort? I know they are very well engineered, but what’s it like to use?

I have a Variotech in my LWB and from a sleeping point of view, my wife and I find it perfectly comfortable (with a mattress topper). However, for vertically challenged rear seat passengers (wife and daughter), the seat is too high for them to be able to rest their feet on the floor whilst travelling, which means I got earache when chucking it round the twisties in the Lake District. I wasn't tooling around, it's just that the roads following the borders of Windermere, Coniston, Ullswater etc tend to be switchbacks with loads of bends, and they were getting thrown around. Daughter now rests her feet on something if we're off on a long journey. The obvious answer is breed taller children of course... ;)

I have a Variotech in my LWB and from a sleeping point of view, my wife and I find it perfectly comfortable (with a mattress topper). However, for vertically challenged rear seat passengers (wife and daughter), the seat is too high for them to be able to rest their feet on the floor whilst travelling, which means I got earache when chucking it round the twisties in the Lake District. I wasn't tooling around, it's just that the roads following the borders of Windermere, Coniston, Ullswater etc tend to be switchbacks with loads of bends, and they were getting thrown around. Daughter now rests her feet on something if we're off on a long journey. The obvious answer is breed taller children of course... ;)
Why I opted for a lower, narrower California bed.

I looked at the Reimo Variotech and was informed by a converter that to carry out bonding only you had to be certified by Reimo. Makes sense from a safety perspective.
True re. The bonding. But there are several fitters out there.

How do you like the Variotech for comfort? I know they are very well engineered, but what’s it like to use?
Very comfy to sleep on. A bit high to sit on, but not as high as some of the offerings we tried. It’s very rare we have anyone in the back as there’s only 2 of us. So not a major issue.

I’ve been waiting for months for the new YoYo Glidemotion sliding bed from Clearcut Conversions. I’ve been in regular contact with them about a LWB slider as soon it becomes available.

The new beds appeared for sale yesterday, and today they told me they are not doing a LWB version. So I have wasted months, and I now have to start at the back of the queue with a more expensive option from Titan or elsewhere.

So if you want a SWB slider then good luck, if you want LWB you can’t order one because apparently there isn’t enough demand (maybe because you can’t order one!).
Thank you so much for posting this. I am having the same considerations for my LWB.

Thank you so much for posting this. I am having the same considerations for my LWB.
Maybe give Clearcut a call, and ask why they are not doing a LWB and they might get the message!

I think I’m swung right round to the Reimo Variotech now, having been put off Titan for the 4Motion

I have the OEM california bed on LWB caravelle rails, really happy with it but it's not a cheap option and you do need to drop everything off under the van to install.

Mat

Back