Would you

Stripy

T6 Pro
Just booked my t6 2016 140 euro 5 transporter for it's last service plan service(every 2yrs) .
Apparently it needs a software update for the egr, i have owned the vehicle from new and has only done 44,000 miles.

I have never had any problems in my nearly 8yrs of ownership, so I'm thinking if it's not broken don't fix it.
I would love to here your opinions on software updates after 8yrs or am I just over thinking it and being stupid and just get it updated.

What would you do

Just booked my t6 2016 140 euro 5 transporter for it's last service plan service(every 2yrs) .
Apparently it needs a software update for the egr, i have owned the vehicle from new and has only done 44,000 miles.

I have never had any problems in my nearly 8yrs of ownership, so I'm thinking if it's not broken don't fix it.
I would love to here your opinions on software updates after 8yrs or am I just over thinking it and being stupid and just get it updated.

What would you do
I've got a similar 2016 140 Euro 5 T6, but with 78K on the clock, it has always run faultlessly and it certainly won't be getting any software updates, if there was much wrong with it I'd know by now. All EGR valves foul up over time and when there's a problem I'll deal with it.
I'm a cynic but I suspect that the update is more about EU emissions regulations that it is about making my van more reliable.

I would have it done. It might not make a difference now, but maybe as the mileage gets higher it could.

When fixing any software related issue, usually the first question is ‘do you have the latest version installed?’

Reactions: CAB
Back