Worth Knowing!

Frankly that’s a load of bo****ks, if it was un taxed it should have been clamped by the DVLA end of. The council shouldn’t have been buggering about issuing parking tickets.

Frankly that’s a load of bo****ks, if it was un taxed it should have been clamped by the DVLA end of. The council shouldn’t have been buggering about issuing parking tickets.

Agree! They’re just looking for an excuse as to why they’ve not acted earlier.

Unless there’s a barrier or I see a traffic warden about I never pay for parking in the South West.
Over a few years the parking fines are way less than the accumulated parking ticket cost......one of the few benefits of austerity!
We get shafted for parking in the UK, across the English Channel parking pretty much free outside of city centres.
Good to see the Daily Mail stirring up the angry people in society again ;)

I used to see Chris Eubanks lorry cab parked illegally regularly in London around Sloane Square, where they would just ticket as could not tow. A ticket was cheaper than parking!
I've been known to be clamped on several occasions and one time the clamper laughed as was removing and I asked why, it was because on the type of car I was driving they could not get the chain from the clamp through the wishbone so just used to padlock it but lift it over the wheel. I just used to pay the parking ticket :) Now they just lift you!!!

I have a several big yellow west London clamps now if anyone wants them :)

Back