Ad-blue Emulator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where I can get an Ad-Blue Emulator from for my T6 VW Transporter as I am tired of having to put Ad-Blue into it.

Using Ad-Blue is unnessesary and a Stelth Tax by our corrupt government.

The Emulator tricks the onboard computer to think that Ad-Blue is present proving that it is totally unnessesary as the vehicle will run perfectly well without it.

Please do not come back qouting any laws, I do not obay the law.

I want to save money like we all do.

Thank you

Er . . . .ok,

well to be honest, i haven't heard of one for the T6 or any other motor come to think of it.

there are numerous sensors that play a part in the emission/adblue/DPF system.

it would be interesting to see any data on it, . . . ?

though its only £8.77 for 10ltrs . . . . . that will last about 4-5k miles . . . . . . . so not realy a great dent in your pocket.

Redex Adblue With Spout 10L

surely a cheaper source of diesel would be more cost effective?

Er . . . .ok,

well to be honest, i haven't heard of one for the T6 or any other motor come to think of it.

there are numerous sensors that play a part in the emission/adblue/DPF system.

it would be interesting to see any data on it, . . . ?

though its only £8.77 for 10ltrs . . . . . that will last about 4-5k miles . . . . . . . so not realy a great dent in your pocket.

Redex Adblue With Spout 10L

surely a cheaper source of diesel would be more cost effective?

They are available for heavy commercials where ad-blue useage could be 10% of fuel used (in extreme cases) so it is a bit of a saving, the latest OBD2 kit is supposed to tell if one is fitted. The penalties are severe for an O licence holder.

I have never seen one for any light commercial, not saying they dont exist but i guess the cost -v- saving calcs dont add up at a couple of pounds per 1,000 miles.

Would i fit one, maybe. Keep us posted if you find one.

This forum might not be the best place for you if money saving is a priority.
What you may or may not save in adblue will be insignificant in comparison to wheels, B14s, H&Rs, Splitters, audio upgrades, interior upgrades, and all the other bits this place will have you buying :whistle:

Welcome though.

My Caravelle is add blue, didn’t realise until I drove it to the petrol station after I had just bought it ha ha, The cost of add blue is the least of my concerns. I’ve only had it 2 months and already spent £3k,

sorry,I mean £1500 ;)( wife’ Just walked past )

Does anyone know where I can get an Ad-Blue Emulator from for my T6 VW Transporter as I am tired of having to put Ad-Blue into it.

The Emulator tricks the onboard computer to think that Ad-Blue is present proving that it is totally unnessesary as the vehicle will run perfectly well without it.

Thank you

I like this guy already. Welcome to the forum. Keep em coming. Power to the people.

Thank you
I had to check the date for a moment then, apparently 1st April is months away.....

Well, my interest was well & truly piqued, I’d never heard of such a device. A quick google search indicates that they start at around £199 & run close to £2k depending on model. Assuming that one for a T6 is at the cheaper end of the scale, let’s do some simple maths.....
5000 miles worth of adblue costs around a tenner. This is assuming you’re paying top whack for a fancy 10l plastic can & not paying half the price it’s available for at the pump.
So £200 quid (the cost of the cheapest emulator, assuming that we can get one for the T6, knowing our luck it would cost twice that) would buy us 100000 miles worth of AdBlue.

In addition to the virtual zero cost saving, you run the (admittedly) small risk of prosecution & you don’t get that warm fuzzy feeling inside, knowing that you’re actually making a tiny step to help stop f******g up the planet.
I’m out

Nope but has certainly got people talking. Funny how the original post person hasnt returned to pass any further comments

It’s probably not bad value if you are faced with the cost of an out of warranty adblue dosing unit.....

That being said until then it’s hard to justify the expense.

They are popular on trucks though for slightly different reasons, although still very illegal.

Owning a T6 with adblue should be the least of his worries, with all the other costs he will encounter
(Is it school holidays by any chance?)

Reactions: Eli
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back