Wish I Had Added... On My New Build

Captain Backfire

TSi, T32, Highline Kombi
T6 Pro
3 weeks into ownership and I am LOVING my T6. I wanted one years ago but only just been able to get it.
Having ordered brand new and mulling over the options list for literally months I thought I had ticked every single thing I wanted. My options list was this:

Highline
Pearl black
SWB,
Twin sliding doors
Tailgate,
Petrol 204bhp,
DSG,
2 captains seats,
3 seats in middle row 2+1,
Rubber/vinyl floor in back 2/3rds
Carpet in front,
Comfort dash,
Heated seats,
Discovery Sat-Nav,
MFSW,
Auto latch twin side doors and rear,
LED lights front and rear,
Roof rails,
Chrome Side bars,
Reverse camera,
Heated front screen,
Lining in cab and back
Second battery
Electric Sunroof

Then I had some after market work done like Spoilers, 20" wheels, chin splitter, sound deadened and carpet lined in the rear, etc
Only after having now been living with the van do you realise there are a few items which I wish I had ticked.

1) Folding wing mirrors; body coloured, power adjustable and power folding - £ 288*1
2) Climatic cab and passenger compartment A /C (semi-automatic) with manual passenger compartment heating system - £ 1,002*1

Folding mirrors is an easy one to fix, and I can't believe this wasn't a standard fit in the first place hence why I probably didn't even notice it initially. However point 2 isn't fixable at all. Its just a case of now living with it. In the real hot days it can take quite a while for the rear passengers to get the effect of the Aircon. I suppose its a big 'ol box to keep cool...

I guess I am not alone and there are many people out there, who in hindsight wished they ticked a few extra boxes...What options do you wish you had added?

I fecked up my options list, they were listed on an Excel with prices to give me a grand total, but somewhere along the line the sheet got muddled up and I missed the following -

Front parking sensors
Auto latch and or electric doors/tailgate
Towbar (had this done locally now)
Climatic cab
Side and curtain airbags

I was soooo pissed off when I realised what had happened, but I'd agreed the written spec with the dealer, signed it off (without double checking) and the order was placed. :mad:

It's not a fix that all can use but I use the ebby d2 fitted under the drivers seat to suck cold air from the cab footwell area and push it into the back.

I fecked up my options list, they were listed on an Excel with prices to give me a grand total, but somewhere along the line the sheet got muddled up and I missed the following -

Front parking sensors
Auto latch and or electric doors/tailgate
Towbar (had this done locally now)
Climatic cab
Side and curtain airbags

I was soooo p***ed off when I realised what had happened, but I'd agreed the written spec with the dealer, signed it off (without double checking) and the order was placed. :mad:
Jeeze man I can understand how pi$$ed off you would have been, I would be fuming. none of those are easy after market fixes either!

Jeeze man I can understand how pi$$ed off you would have been, I would be fuming. none of those are easy after market fixes either!

I've got my head around it now so I've calmed down, but it was either me or Breeze or Wessex Vans that cocked the sheet up, but although I could track it back to who last edited the Excel sheet it wouldn't have made any difference.

The one 'bonus' was the cost was nearly £4k cheaper than I was originally expecting,

It's not a fix that all can use but I use the ebby d2 fitted under the drivers seat to suck cold air from the cab footwell area and push it into the back.
What are these, have you got a link as google provides nothing.... Cheers

Eberspacher D2. Diesel night heater but it has an air circulation function. With the air con in the cab to D2 just sucks the air from the footwell and pushes it into the back.

@Captain Backfire

Sorry to change the subject slightly but how long did you have to wait for your van?
I placed my order well over a month ago but not had a date from vw yet.
Just want my van now

@Captain Backfire

Sorry to change the subject slightly but how long did you have to wait for your van?
I placed my order well over a month ago but not had a date from vw yet.
Just want my van now
I waited 8 months! ordered mine in October last year, it arrived in the UK last week of April. I then had work done to it which took a further 4 weeks.

End of October and picked it up end of Jan or 1st few days of Feb, can't quite remember.

It's a very long wait, especially the last week or so.

3 weeks into ownership and I am LOVING my T6. I wanted one years ago but only just been able to get it.
Having ordered brand new and mulling over the options list for literally months I thought I had ticked every single thing I wanted. My options list was this:

Highline
Pearl black
SWB,
Twin sliding doors
Tailgate,
Petrol 204bhp,
DSG,
2 captains seats,
Carpet in front,
Comfort dash,
Heated seats,
Discovery Sat-Nav,
MFSW,
Roof rails,
Chrome Side bars,
Reverse camera,
Heated front screen,
Lining in cab and back
Second battery
Electric Sunroof

Then I had some after market work done like Spoilers, 20" wheels, chin splitter, sound deadened and carpet lined in the rear, etc
Only after having now been living with the van do you realise there are a few items which I wish I had ticked.

1) Folding wing mirrors; body coloured, power adjustable and power folding - £ 288*1
2) Climatic cab and passenger compartment A /C (semi-automatic) with manual passenger compartment heating system - £ 1,002*1

Folding mirrors is an easy one to fix, and I can't believe this wasn't a standard fit in the first place hence why I probably didn't even notice it initially. However point 2 isn't fixable at all. Its just a case of now living with it. In the real hot days it can take quite a while for the rear passengers to get the effect of the Aircon. I suppose its a big 'ol box to keep cool...

I guess I am not alone and there are many people out there, who in hindsight wished they ticked a few extra boxes...What options do you wish you had added?

Highline
Pearl black
SWB,
Twin sliding doors
Tailgate,
Petrol 204bhp,
DSG,
2 captains seats,
Carpet in front,
Comfort dash,
Heated seats,
Discovery Sat-Nav,
MFSW,
Roof rails,
Chrome Side bars,
Reverse camera,
Heated front screen,
Lining in cab and back
Second battery
Electric Sunroof

Wished I had added detachable tow bar as worried after market will give me problems with rear camera parking censors and warranty issues if fitted.

I wish i'd of ordered power sliding doors, and power tailgate, along with comfort dash, but I will know fr next time.

Back