Wish I Had Added... On My New Build

I wish i'd of ordered power sliding doors, and power tailgate, along with comfort dash, but I will know fr next time.
I had power latching side door and tailgate nice option to have. I toyed with power side door but my options cost were at 6k so thought enough lol

I had power latching side door and tailgate nice option to have. I toyed with power side door but my options cost were at 6k so thought enough lol

My issues are I had twin sliders, and then installed a really well built custom setup to separate the cab area from the the rear, housing all my kit and scaffold tower, this was so well installed with 18mm lined/carpeted ply, that it's pretty much air tight. You now have to open a window slightly if anyone shuts the sliding door, or it won't shut properly unless you slam it.

The tailgate is more to stop my brother/colleague from putting handprints on the boots, which annoys the hell out of me.
Plus both options look super slick when in operation.

My issues are I had twin sliders, and then installed a really well built custom setup to separate the cab area from the the rear, housing all my kit and scaffold tower, this was so well installed with 18mm lined/carpeted ply, that it's pretty much air tight. You now have to open a window slightly if anyone shuts the sliding door, or it won't shut properly unless you slam it.

The tailgate is more to stop my brother/colleague from putting handprints on the boots, which annoys the hell out of me.
Yep understand fully lol. As we are both retired so our use is domestic only, but I always insist on closing side door, not sure what it is about side doors people think they need to be slammed shut !!

I was annoyed as I ordered the big night air heater with 2nd batt the day they pulled the option. Didn't bother with rear heating/ac as will retrofit a heater and stick a fan in the back to aid front blowers.

I was annoyed as I ordered the big night air heater with 2nd batt the day they pulled the option. Didn't bother with rear heating/ac as will retrofit a heater and stick a fan in the back to aid front blowers.
So annoying when they do that.

So glad I ordred twin power sliding doors, power tailgate and comfort dash, I would be really miffed if I had missed them off :whistle:

I would have liked to have had power latching rear hatch. I know it’s not a massive job to add it afterwards but I would have to rip out too much of the conversion to make it worthwhile. Also my layout would benefit hugely from twin sliders.

I waited 8 months! ordered mine in October last year, it arrived in the UK last week of April. I then had work done to it which took a further 4 weeks.

Hopefully mine doesn’t take that long.
I’ve ordered my edition with comfort dash, twin sliding doors with power latching and the 2+1 rear seats .
Tried to add a detachable towbar last week but was told it’s too far into the ordering process to alter the spec. Hopefully it has everything I want on it.

Being built next week but apparently I can’t make changes

Ordered
Kombi 150 dsg
Comfort dash
Factory front swivels
Sunroof
leatherette
Heated seats

Wish I had added
4 motion
Discover nav
Secondary battery

Power tailgate! Really wish I had that or even power latching, them tailgates are a faff to shut!
And possibly 4 motion oh and rear ac

Last edited:
Power tailgate! Really wish I had that or even power latching, them tailgates are a faff to shut!
I went with power latching on side door and tailgate as I had heard needed to slam tailgate.

My only regret was not going for detachable tow bar, I tried to amend my order but could not add. Thought about have after market bar fitted but worried they may mess it up as rear camera censors.

My only regret was not going for detachable tow bar, I tried to amend my order but could not add. Thought about have after market bar fitted but worried they may mess it up as rear camera censors.

I’ve had 1 fitted with no issues mate, not cheap tho

Back