Wiring Flip Down Dvd Player.

Tim Mould

Hi guys, where is the best place to pick up Live and ground? Also my dvd unit is new Xtrons. It also has a yellow “acc” wire... what is that for?
Any help is appreciated

Hi guys, where is the best place to pick up Live and ground? Also my dvd unit is new Xtrons. It also has a yellow “acc” wire... what is that for?
Any help is appreciated
ACC is ignition switched live.

I’m going to mount it in the middle of the start of the rear head liner, if that makes sense? So the rear 3 seats can watch.

How can I easily get too ignition live?

I’m going to mount it in the middle of the start of the rear head liner, if that makes sense? So the rear 3 seats can watch.

How can I easily get too ignition live?
Down the side of the head liner, down the a pillar to behind the dash then piggyback any fuse from the centre column of the fuse box.

I'm not aware of anything ignition live that far back in the van. The best thing might be to use a piggy back fuse in the top half of the centre row in that fuse box below the gear lever. Id be inclined to run a section of wire to the back for your tv. There are various ground points behind the panels. There are two above the wheel arch.
Others may have better ideas so keep your options open.

Last edited:
Keep it simple and run a three core all the way to the fuse box. Picking up the earth point in the footwell as you go.

Back