Wireless reversing camera install

LMJCS

Hi all!
I'm trying to install a wireless reversing camera and struggling to find positive and negative wires in the rear cluster. Can anyone offer any advice? Thanks!

I have a t6.1 barn door.

1599907238896360179619648016973.jpg

Does anyone know which one is the reverseing wire? If the brown is ground, then i only need the reversing 12v wire.

Im not sure there is +ve there, the brown should be the earth. The interior light might be a better source for 12v (-ve is switched there though). Are you after a permanent live or ignition live. You may find you need to run one from the fuses at the front. It might be better to fit a piggy back fuse and run direct but I guess that makes a wireless camera a bit redundant!

I think the interior lights are on a BCM timer too so that is no good either

If you want an ignition live there is one at the wiper motor - that is where I picked up the power for my wireless rear view camera ( so that I could see the dinghy trailer all the time not just reversing alone)

If you want an ignition live there is one at the wiper motor - that is where I picked up the power for my wireless rear view camera ( so that I could see the dinghy trailer all the time not just reversing alone)
Hello @oldiebut goodie

Could you please tell me where exactly did you tap in at the rear wiper motor for the ignition live?
I have a T6. Was it difficult to remove the back panel?
Thanks

I can not remember which wire as it was 3 years ago but it was easy enough to find with a multimeter. I have barn doors so there is one each side on mine. Just popped the panel off half a dozen clips in the corner over the motor.

I can not remember which wire as it was 3 years ago but it was easy enough to find with a multimeter. I have barn doors so there is one each side on mine. Just popped the panel off half a dozen clips in the corner over the motor.
Thanks OG,
I guess I'll have more of a problem getting the panel off in my Cali with chairs attached!
Cheers

Thanks OG,
I guess I'll have more of a problem getting the panel off in my Cali with chairs attached!
Cheers
The panel inside the tailgate comes off quite easily. There is one torx screw on the grab handle and then start with a trim tool near the bottom to pop the first couple of fixings and then a determined tug working your way around the edge will see it come away very quickly.

I don’t have a California myself but would expect you just remove the chairs before you start, someone else on here with a Cali may be able to advise.

The panel inside the tailgate comes off quite easily. There is one torx screw on the grab handle and then start with a trim tool near the bottom to pop the first couple of fixings and then a determined tug working your way around the edge will see it come away very quickly.

I don’t have a California myself but would expect you just remove the chairs before you start, someone else on here with a Cali may be able to advise

I don’t have a California myself but would expect you just remove the chairs before you start, someone else on here with a Cali may be able to advise.
Hello Broadside,
Seems from the workshop manual I have that its not so difficult getting the carboard panel off.
But there is no illustration to get the chair holder jacket off first. And that seems to be tricky without breaking a few things.
Ill give it a light try.
Anyone here has any experience in this?
TIA

Hello Broadside,
Seems from the workshop manual I have that its not so difficult getting the carboard panel off.
But there is no illustration to get the chair holder jacket off first. And that seems to be tricky without breaking a few things.
Ill give it a light try.
Anyone here has any experience in this?
TIA
If you don’t have them already get a set of plastic trim tools, many parts are fixed together with press studs / clips. Fast to assembly, a bit slower to take apart but easier with the correct tools.

Back