Wipers with ignition?

Pau1GTI

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Guys,

This may seem like a stupid question but lets say its raining and your wipers are active on auto mode. When you turn the ignition off do your wipers stop half way if you catch it mid way through wiping. I cant seem to recall it doing this before and always thought it would put the wipers off correctly.

Thanks
Paul

No, Looking at the wiring diagrams the wiper motors have an additional feed supplied by the BCU that allows them to park. However the BCU tends to power stuff off when you remove the keys and the rest after 15 minutes so you might be able to get them to stop half way up if you whip the key out fast, (must test this now you have it lodged in my head) :)

Edit: turns out they do stop as the additional feed is on the terminal 30 supply(doh!) so they missed a trick here..

Last edited:
No, Looking at the wiring diagrams the wiper motors have an additional feed supplied by the BCU that allows them to park. However the BCU tends to power stuff off when you remove the keys and the rest after 15 minutes so you might be able to get them to stop half way up if you whip the key out fast, (must test this now you have it lodged in my head) :)

Brilliant Loz thanks,

It is pulling the key out fast to be fair. I'am being paranoid think as I accidentally pulled the wiper fuse a few days ago while looking for a switched live feed for my Leasure Battery charger but everything was put back.

If you do get a chance to try it that would be great thanks

Paul

Mine stop at whatever location there in when you turn ignition off. I use them in the sweep position deliberately to help keep a frost screen in place on the windscreen, overnight.

Well that blows that theory then, I wonder what that feed is for?

Cheers guys, I cant say i've ever seen them stop like that but this morning they were on the fastest setting (Still in auto) so that might be why i spotted it for the first time.

Paul

Indirectly related, but I found that if the screen is frosted / iced over and wipers are set to "auto", they will activate when the ignition is turned on. This is a Bad Thing, as the blades will be running over nasty rough ice!

Back