Winters here....Seat Covers Needed!

T6180

T6 Legend
Hi All,

What with winter being here and the kids playing football and rugby at the weekends I need to protect the seats from their muck...can anyone recommend any seat cover companies and photos would be much appreciated?

Many thanks

Ordered myself some Billabong covers. Slip then on when needed and store them away when not.

OEM, the fit is fantastic (once you have the right parts) and the quality is very good! I thought they would be slippy / cold but i don't think it's made much difference.

I've just found out to my dismay, that the rear double seat in my T6 is from a LHD. It's my fault because I requested the seat configuration to be swapped over from a 1+2 to a 2+1 to enable us to remove the single seat and build a custom bulkhead to house my scaffold tower, and still enable me to have 2 seats with the door on the correct side as per the pic below:

seats.jpg

The trouble is now I want a rear seat cover, and they are readily available in RHD, but not LHD, plus any rear carpets don't fit for the same reasons!

Seat covers are available, let me know if you need any help tracking them down

Seat covers are available, let me know if you need any help tracking them down

@Pauly Can you see the difference between the normal rear seats and the LHD one like mine? as in the seatbelt goes the other way to the standard type. If you have the one that will fit that seat, that's what I am after (In Black)

It's not listed as LHD but VW do offside tip seat or near side tip seat and same for the double NS or OS
I mistakenly ordered one a while back so thing I still have it will have a look for you but not in office until weekend

Hi All,

What with winter being here and the kids playing football and rugby at the weekends I need to protect the seats from their muck...can anyone recommend any seat cover companies and photos would be much appreciated?

Many thanks
Get a trailer, put a couple of seats with belts on them and dump the kids in the trailer no muddy T6 then :)

It's not listed as LHD but VW do offside tip seat or near side tip seat and same for the double NS or OS
I mistakenly ordered one a while back so thing I still have it will have a look for you but not in office until weekend

:thumbsup:

Yes I have one offside tip seat in black at the office, do you need the double to go with it or did you sort that ?

Its the double rear seat cover I need to fit the seat in the picture I put above. You can see which side the seatbelt anchors on the pic.

I bought a set of front & rear split seat covers from UK Custom Covers a year ago now and only have one complaint.

The fit on all is good except I had to totally rework the rear single seat cover which was (and is) still only designed for a non folding back rest T5 seat. This is supplied as a single cover, the adjacent double cover is a two piece design to allow proper folding of the back rest if desired.

Turns out I was their first T6 Kombi customer and it was me that discovered the issue. I have an industrial sewing machine and modified the single cover quite extensively to fit, supplying U.K. custom covers with photos of the necessary modifications. A year on they mailed with me details of their Black Friday sale and I was reminded that they had said they’d supply a replacement T6 single rear seat cover after their own redesign.

Turns out they never redesigned it and think it’s acceptable to undo the vertical zip on the back of the back rest to enable easier folding. It’s not an elegant solution.

They’ve again this week offered me a refund on the single seat cover which of course isn’t an acceptable solution.

I suppose one day they might redesign the cover to fit an articulated T6 seat but it seems a year on it’s not worth holding breath over.

Other than that they are a smart fit, Matt black fabric so no sliding around or sweaty bits like a PU nylon cover.

Very pleased with our VW ones. Good value too.
can anybody help me out my new t6 is coming next week and looking to get the vw sport line seat cover ordered for it but i have order only 2 seats in the front of my van and the guy from tps told me he can on get the drivers seat cover as its only allowing him the double seat for the passenger for the t6! are the t5 the same seats fitments? if anybody can help out i would be very thankful !!

Back