Windows. Vw Or Not?

Flashollie

University Manager
T6 Pro
My conversion company is suggesting not to fit VW windows in my conversion to my T6 LWB? They suggest that AM auto windows are a better option?
Im after 2 flush fitting sliding windows and two rears. All with a privacy tint and a tint to the rear screen.
Any thoughts on this?

VW sliding rear windows leak. Aftermarket ones don’t seem to for some strange reason.
I can only surmise (from my own experience having rectified my own window leak) a lot of it has to do with the awful way that the VW window is fitted, and the tiny drain hole that it has, and that said drain hole gets filled with window bond when glass is stuck to apperture.

As said some VW ones leak as can be read on some threads on here (I got lucky and mine don't), not sure if its bad design or quality of fitment, I have no experience of any aftermarket ones though.

My conversion company is suggesting not to fit VW windows in my conversion to my T6 LWB? They suggest that AM auto windows are a better option?
Im after 2 flush fitting sliding windows and two rears. All with a privacy tint and a tint to the rear screen.
Any thoughts on this?

If you go aftermarket and get the Vehicle Glass Company one’s, do tell us if they are any good!

Back