Window curtains blinds or tinting

Kendrick

New Meber
Hi I am planning weekend s away in my caravelle but not sure about drilling for curtains so blinds or tinting any body got any ideas

Afternoon , I will be in a similar position when my Caravelle arrives early next year, they do come with a rear side blind set up and i have come across some very good rear tailgate ones ! But the rest ? i'll follow this thread closely.

You can get thermal blinds that attach using suckers. I’ve not used them personally but they seem an ideal non permanent solution for the occasional camper.

That said I did make some out of foil bubble wrap and magnets that were effective. I expect the additional trim on the up market models means this won’t work.

Pretty sure Kiravans sell some elasticated blinds but you have to drill fit clips into the plastics. Other option is a cab curtain which hangs just behind the drivers seat. I’ve also seen the thermal sucker blinds for the front too.

There is a Kiravans video that shows how to install the elasticated curtains.

Many years ago I provided my Passat as a template for these shades.

They are a simple wire frame with the mesh fabric sewn over it. They fit by wedging into the aperture in the interior trim, or with some very discrete clips. I can't see any reason why they couldn't be made using a blackout fabric. Perhaps it's worth giving them a call to see if they could help?

Blinds and Curtain options is like playing Mah-jong.
At some time, somewhere, someone will come up with a definitive answer for every van, SWB -LWB .Factory fitted windows, after market windows, Carpeted or not? Tailor made into metal into plastic, shuttle with window surrounds, California. Over a million vans and still open to the sellers interpretation, what a load of Bovine Faeces. It shouldn't be this hard. Frustrated converter x 3
Merry Christmas and a Happier New Year, to one and all.;)

Reactions: CAB
I have limo tint all around the rear windows of the van and a blackout curtain hooked onto the coat hooks behind the driver and passenger seat belts. No blinds anywhere. If the curtain is closed and with anything other than bright interior lights you cannot see into the van at all...certainly not enough to see anything worthwhile seeing. Once the lights are off its as dark as dark.
I also used the insulated foil and magnets which were brilliant but found I just didn't need them with the tints.

thanks Danny that's what I would like to do just wondering it might be do dark from inside in the daytime

thanks Danny that's what I would like to do just wondering it might be do dark from inside in the daytime
It's certainly darker, but no downsides to it in my opinion. Obviously when you're looking into the van you're effectively looking into a black hole, when looking out, its a wider, brighter landscape if you get my drift.

Back