Window coverings/Curtains

Yep same I'm going to contact them to finally how wide the actually blind pleats are as that could make a huge difference.

The pleat depth is 25mm with bracket needing slightly more for top and bottom fix. For side fixing this is greatly increased

Assuming we are talking Kombi the problem as I see it is the top slider rail as this will push any top part out from the window reveal. The bottom is good as the rail is set a long way in.

The fixings would have to come inboard of the reveal curved corners and also miss the door handle on the slider.

I reckon the best option would be to cut a panel and fix the blind to the back of that, space it at the top and tapered spacers at the side.

Seen some one doing whole panels and they fix blind to the door card not door which makes sense to me. Only it's all black and grey :(
What is the problem with colour ?

Seen some one doing whole panels and they fix blind to the door card not door which makes sense to me. Only it's all black and grey :(
What is the problem with colour ?
Like Vanshades? Problem is they can't fit to the OE sliders on a Kombi or the wiper motor on a tailgate.

Like Vanshades? Problem is they can't fit to the OE sliders on a Kombi or the wiper motor on a tailgate.

For T5 van it was just that they fix blind to panel which included slider, there's a company somewhere in the Midlands that do blinds as part of conversion, can't remember who at moment but it can be done!!!!
It was on eBay if can find someone who does proper made to measure and tensioned or I'll be looking at making my own, well me and the wife!
Didn't bother with rear wiper so not a problem for me. But it's looming more like rear will have to be curtains unfortunately

I have recently fitted the new Vanshade blind pods to all rear windows in my T6 that has OEM slide windows on both left and right side slide doors as well as fitting the newly designed pod for the read door as well. They fitted well after some minor modifications.

I did the fitting that took me about three hours in total for all the windows.. I fitted the blinds so they slide shut from top to bottom so they don’t get dusty when open and at the top of the pod. They potentially would get dusty if they sat at the base of the pod with the dusty conditions that we can get here in Australia on some outback dirt roads.

The van is having some under seat cabinetry fitted this week and next but I will put up some decent photos of them fitted when I get it back

IMG_1220 (1).jpg IMG_1226.jpg

Back