Will There Be A T6.1? Or When Is The T7 Out??!!

Phantom

T6 Pro
Hi All

Love my van and always said if I wanted to go faster would get in the car but starting to use my van more and more not just for sailing events but also camping road trips!!!!

Going to get this one chipped but next time will order bigger engine! How long I got to wait?

Thank you

Nick

I'd put a tenner on there being a T6 facelift/T6.1/T7 (whatever the marketing people decide to call it) coming out for the 2020 model year. I still think the next genuinely new van, probably the joint Ford/VW is a good 3-4 years away.

Please don't say its going to look like the god awful Transit... I used to own and like them but after the MK7 it went down hill IMHO.

Its a turbulent time for manufacturers both technology wise and economically, with ever tighter regulation and with the media having created unrealistic expectations of electrics... not a good time for manufacturers to be investing heavily in anything new... imho... :)

If history is anything to go by . . . . we may have to wait some time yet.

No official road map, but history shows at least 10 yrs between major model revisions

T1 – Type 2 (1950–1967) 17yrs
T2 – Type 2 (1967–1979) 12yrs
T3 – Type 2 (1979–1992) 13 yrs
T4 – Transporter (1990–2003) 13yrs
T5 – Transporter (2003–2016) (2009-2016 (facelift) 13yrs

T6 – Transporter (2016-present) 2yrs so far . . . .

Euro6 is the currant standard and Euro7 hasnt been ratified yet. So unless they try to ban all internal-combustion engines by 2025 (very
unlikely) Then Euro6 and the T6 should be here to stay . . . .for now at least.

A face-lift is the cheapest way to generate sales on an existing platform.

source: Volkswagen Transporter - Wikipedia

Back