Why no traffic reports when in France with discover media?

The Ham

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Drive to Eurotunnel traffic reports working fine, soon as I hit France it has TMC with a line through it.
Anybody know why?

Ours works OK in France but it is equally crap and warns you half an hour after you have been through the delay.

We only use Google Maps navigation via Android Auto but the TMC pipes up randomly in the background anyway.

Doesn’t the traffic reports change the route, it used to say ‘ there is a traffic obstruction, the route is being calculated’ or something along those lines.
Doesn’t do it anymore.

Doesn’t the traffic reports change the route, it used to say ‘ there is a traffic obstruction, the route is being calculated’ or something along those lines.
Doesn’t do it anymore.
That’s a setting you can change in the route options menu.

I find the traffic reports a joke, they tell us abut problems that we have seen or problems that have cleared, it's simply not it real time!. Reports will tell you motorway closed but never which carriageway, completely useless!

Much better use google maps or Waze, may not be perfect but much better than the VW offering.

Caveat, this is only a guess. TMC is broadcast on the FM network. In the UK, it’s broadcast piggybacked onto Classic FM. Maybe if you’re on DAB, the head unit isn’t receiving the data. That said, ours picks up TMC all over Europe, France/Spain/Portugal/Italy etc.

Back in England now and got 55 traffic reports straight away, obviously no line through TMC, mmm scratching my head.

Back