Who has Discover media radio?

Adams

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Im after a little help/favour if anyone can help (willing to put some money your way).

I need someone who has the discover media fitted with all (or as many as possible) options enabled, i.e. Nav, CarPlay, mirror link, voice control, image viewer etc

I need to take your radio out, fit my new one and have then coded in at the dealer. Then remove and put your one back in.

In theory this then unlocks the radio so all options are enabled, then have component protection removed and the radio will work.

Hopefully some can help, I understand this is a big ask and inconvenience but willing to pay. Probably best if someone is local to warrington or not too far away and I will travel or if someone works at a dealers can maybe do it?

Thanks
Adam

Im after a little help/favour if anyone can help (willing to put some money your way).

I need someone who has the discover media fitted with all (or as many as possible) options enabled, i.e. Nav, CarPlay, mirror link, voice control, image viewer etc

I need to take your radio out, fit my new one and have then coded in at the dealer. Then remove and put your one back in.

In theory this then unlocks the radio so all options are enabled, then have component protection removed and the radio will work.

Hopefully some can help, I understand this is a big ask and inconvenience but willing to pay. Probably best if someone is local to warrington or not too far away and I will travel or if someone works at a dealers can maybe do it?

Thanks
Adam
How long would you need the unit for I'm about a hour away from you

@andythom188 thank you for the offer to help, it's my unit that needs to be in your van and then VW to code my radio as if it was being fitted to your van, all options would then be enabled.

So I'd need to borrow you and your van for as long as VW takes to do the coding ( I guess half hour to an hour?) I can drive down to you no problem:thumbsup:

@Pauly I'm told from a very good source this will work, I can post all details once it's working

@andythom188 thank you for the offer to help, it's my unit that needs to be in your van and then VW to code my radio as if it was being fitted to your van, all options would then be enabled.

So I'd need to borrow you and your van for as long as VW takes to do the coding ( I guess half hour to an hour?) I can drive down to you no problem:thumbsup:

@Pauly I'm told from a very good source this will work, I can post all details once it's working
Have pm you m8

Thanks
Adam
Hello mate did you get this to work? What model was the head unit?

Cheers

@Sloanp118
Hi yes nearly there, just the last bit to finish to get it working, part no of the radio is 5C0 035 680 C, which is the top spec one.
Quite involved to get it working as a retrofit.
CP needs removing
Features then need activating
Internal solder work then needs doing
Then a filter to stop the CAN messages getting to the radio (stops it going back into CP)

But yes it can be done ;)

Let me know if you have a radio you need sorting or if you want me to supply you with one ready to go

@Sloanp118
Hi yes nearly there, just the last bit to finish to get it working, part no of the radio is 5C0 035 680 C, which is the top spec one.
CP needs removing
Then a filter to stop the CAN messages getting to the radio (stops it going back into CP)

Let me know if you have a radio you need sorting or if you want me to supply you with one ready to go
Wow great!! What price could you supply the top one for?

@Sloanp118
CP needs removing

May well be interested in a supplied ready to go one m8.. Let us all know a price when your ready.. You May well suddenly be busy lol..

The only issue with it is the price of the radios, your looking at ~£400 on top of the price you pay for the radio. You can buy radios ready to go for ~£1050 from a company, bit obviously this is quite expensive. If you can find a radio for ~£300-£400 then you can have it working with all features (except Carnet) for £800

Hardest part is finding cheap radios.

Or if fitting into an older vehicle it will be cheaper as you won't need the filter ~£100
And also if your unit hasn't activated CP and you don't require more features to be activated it can be cheaper again

Or if fitting into an older vehicle it will be cheaper as you won't need the filter ~£100
And also if your unit hasn't activated CP and you don't require more features to be activated it can be cheaper again
Well I would like to have all the features it's a 16 plate t6 with dab currently..can this be software updated then?

May well be interested in a supplied ready to go one m8.. Let us all know a price when your ready.. You May well suddenly be busy lol..
The unit will have everything except voice control as it has been mirrored off mine.
Apparently voice control carnt be activated by the dealers yet

Back