Which OEM headunit for CarPlay / App-Connect

camperbuz

Hi All, currently on the lookout for a Caravelle 2017-> and am confused which head units will work with Carplay / Android equv. and which wont. It seems obvious the ones with the APP button will do it but you dont see that a lot.

Looking on here, it seems as though the units can be unlocked to work at a cost (perhaps including a new Apple capable USB socket) but is it true for all units? I cant find a good list of the head unit models anywhere but i think the following list of the buttons on the right covers it

EJECT | NAV | APP | MENU
EJECT | NAV | TRAFFIC | MENU
EJECT | SETUP | SOUND

I'm not after an aftermarket unit, just want to know if all of the above can be unlocked. Hope this makes sense. Its not a massive deal but likewise, if i have a choice between a HU that will and one that wont then i'll chose the one that will. Thanks in advance.

My unit is App Connect enabled and doesn’t have the App button, but it’s accessed either via the Phone or the Menu button.

My unit is App Connect enabled and doesn’t have the App button, but it’s accessed either via the Phone or the Menu button.
Thanks and was that from when you bought it and which model is it?

By the way, i'm not after details on how to unlock either (unofficial places etc.), just which units should just work or work if i ask VW to unlock it (i.e. it is capable of working with carplay)
Thanks

Mine is the discover media head unit with factory App connect and is accessed via the MENU button and has the configuration: EJECT | NAV | TRAFFIC | MENU

Thanks for the further info. Getting to understand a bit more, i think the basic unit is the RCD 330, would be great to know if anyone has that working with CarPlay.

Thanks for the further info. Getting to understand a bit more, i think the basic unit is the RCD 330, would be great to know if anyone has that working with CarPlay.

Back