Where to go for Leather

480bhp

204 DSG SWB T6
T6 Pro
No not that kind of leather:eek:
But for the seats re trimming in leather?

Even though it's a work van i fancy having the seats re-trimmed, not sure exactly what i want at the minute so i'm open to options of various companies.

I'm currently leaning towards having a logo de-embossed on the head rests, that way should i decided to sell one day the headrests can be easily changed.

Also looking at the Bentley style of stitching too, but maybe with blackberry thread on black leather (subtle hopefully)

Im not too fussed with other colours of leather being used, as i don't think it will suit my needs of the van or the simplistic approach to vans interior.

Anyone gone down the re-trim route themselves, how was it?

Depends where's in the country you are?

My work van has red leather. Crossed stitched. Love it.
I'll be using edge automotive in rugby to get my recaros retrimmed for my car.

Depends where's in the country you are?

My work van has red leather. Crossed stitched. Love it.
I'll be using edge automotive in rugby to get my recaros retrimmed for my car.
Good to know of a local company. Did they do your van?

Those look well made Walksi, I'll bear Celtic in mind if nothing closer to home pops up, Thanks

Check this guy out ,based in rotherham ,not far from you .
This is his leather seats on on eBay item number 322327782316

Not sure I'm going to use my red leather.
The stock highline seats look great and are very comfortable.
Tough decision.

Wow, that looks like a really top notch job. The blue threadwork complements the black and quilted look extremely well.

Used DK schweizer, they supply lots of manufactures. Really pleased with them and they fitted heating to front seats

DK Schweizer have done mine, not seen them yet but my VW dealer recommended them and said they do lots fro him. Took about three weeks from ordering. They arrived and took the seats out and away on Monday then returned and re-fitted them on Thursday the same week. I was going two tone but chickened out and changer it to single colour dark grey with off white stitching. Having seen some on here now I think I should have gone for Bentley quilting on centre panels but if you don't make a decision at some point they will never get done. Either way they are going to be nicer then the factory cloth.

DK Schweizer have done mine, not seen them yet but my VW dealer recommended them and said they do lots fro him. Took about three weeks from ordering. They arrived and took the seats out and away on Monday then returned and re-fitted them on Thursday the same week. I was going two tone but chickened out and changer it to single colour dark grey with off white stitching. Having seen some on here now I think I should have gone for Bentley quilting on centre panels but if you don't make a decision at some point they will never get done. Either way they are going to be nicer then the factory cloth.
Look forward to seeing them

Me too. Should have got it yesterday but been a hold up with the angled side bars, basically no stock anywhere. They had hoped they would arrive in time but nothing and true to form VW, no info as to when. Having the ones fitted from their demo next week and getting it Wednesday morning now. Shame I have missed the weekend and a lovely bright dry day yesterday but I did not want to have it not complete and then take it back for the bars which seem like they could be weeks away.

Waited since March so what's give more days. Be strong, be strong.

What kind of money are we talking for front drivers seat and bench returning in leather?

Captains front seat plus 2-1 rear bench seat £1400 plus vat but this was through the dealer so I assume they had a mark up on this.

About £800-1200 for a single and bench. Some are cheaper on eBay on an exchange basis with your old seats.

I'm going to see edge automotive on Sat morning to discuss mine.

Decided on black leather and alcantara or black leather and gti tartan.

I love my current t5 seats That I swapped into my t5 whilst the t6 seats get trimmed. However all leather isn't comfy I don't think.

IMAG0234_zpsxymjpb5k.jpg

Back