Where To Get Power For Drivers Door Step Light.

Skyliner33

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I picked up a new step with a grill to cover my heater install intake. it also has a light.
3E110739-7A7E-4D9F-8D18-283AB8C83786.jpeg

Now where is the best place to take a power feed from.
I also bought a plug for the light but it didn’t come with any pins.
The plug looks like this but without wires.1A3D603F-50B1-44B6-8312-2CB377EB88AD.jpeg

Is there a part number for the pins I need?

TIA

I ran the wire up the a post across the front of the screen and picked up the power and earth from the interior lamp

I ran the wire up the a post across the front of the screen and picked up the power and earth from the interior lamp
That was a thought. I hoped there was somewhere nearer. Thanks.

OK....How about a light in the stepwell of the sliding door??…….

There's a harness in each door that'll do what you need, I'm assuming (not looked) it comes through to the lower dash. It's the same circuit to wire puddle lights too so you might want to do that at the same time, nice and easy two birds with one stone :thumbsup:

There's a harness in each door that'll do what you need, I'm assuming (not looked) it comes through to the lower dash. It's the same circuit to wire puddle lights too so you might want to do that at the same time, nice and easy two birds with one stone :thumbsup:
Is there? For my puddle lights I took power from the door lighting switch that sits behind the glovebox

Back