Wheels Siezed On

That's Omega 99N which is nickel based. You can still use specifically approved copper based anti seize for nuclear applications......just need to make sure it's nowhere near the fabrication shop......and on lower temperature applications.

must be dear stuff cant fined a price for it

must be dear stuff cant fined a price for it
Just look up nickel anti seize and making the assumption this is for your wheels and not a nuclear generator at the bottom of your garden you'll get something for about £20. There is actually something better and much cheaper and it is aluminium based anti seize compound.

I swap between summer and winter wheels every year and just get an oily rag (fresh oil) and wipe that over the hub face before refitting the wheels so that there is a fine layer of oil on the surface, particularly where the wheel central bore locates. I have used copper slip in the past but the tendency is to put too much on and it then gets chucked onto the inside of the wheel.

Just look up nickel anti seize and making the assumption this is for your wheels and not a nuclear generator at the bottom of your garden you'll get something for about £20. There is actually something better and much cheaper and it is aluminium based anti seize compound.

I swap between summer and winter wheels every year and just get an oily rag (fresh oil) and wipe that over the hub face before refitting the wheels so that there is a fine layer of oil on the surface, particularly where the wheel central bore locates. I have used copper slip in the past but the tendency is to put too much on and it then gets chucked onto the inside of the wheel.

I was being noisy to be honest I haven’t my nuclear reactor finished yet I just need a flux compressor for it and it’s done

I was being noisy to be honest I haven’t my nuclear reactor finished yet I just need a flux compressor for it and it’s done
I think you’ll find that the tri-phase multiplexer has superseded the flux compressor, the flux compressor is sooo last year.

back to the subject in question WHEELS SEIZED ON

OK.. easy to remedy

loosen all wheel bolts just a couple of mm or so, Drive it on full lock one way and then the other on your drive or local street (they wont fall off)
you will hear them all slightly bang as they work free
job done
now get the wire brush out and the grease of your choice (me=copper slip grease used for the last 40 years)

I couldn't get one of my front alloys off when I wanted to put my winter wheels on for the first time.....tried it all.....loosened wheel nuts, quick drive up and down.....no dice! "Dropped" the trolley jack.....still no dice! Spoke to a tyre fitter and he said wack it with a rubber mallet while spinning the wheel.....bingo! What a ball ache! Been using copperslip for years and you lot have got me all confused now.....and there's me thinking I'm doing the right thing.....b*ggar!:unsure:

Why you can't get wheels off..!!!

Brand new at the weekend, and just fifty miles up so far. Not good, is it..?

Good news is, they're coming off next week to get ceramic coatings so a little TLC before they go back and the jobs done.

fullsizeoutput_2909.jpeg

Why you can't get wheels off..!!!

Brand new at the weekend, and just fifty miles up so far. Not good, is it..?

Good news is, they're coming off next week to get ceramic coatings so a little TLC before they go back and the jobs done.

View attachment 36026
Sorry @Steve H....is that a question or an observation.....and I'm missing the point? I'm assuming I can't get them off because of electrolytic corrosion? Are you having the wheels ceramic coated? :thumbsup:

@Steve H.....just had another look at your photo! I think you're referring to the rust mark between your Devonports and the hub......right? 50 miles....doesn't take long does it?:thumbsdown:

An observation @mopardave ..!!

No, it's not ideal to see the oozing rust on a new vehicle and one that would very easily be sorted with a little care on a PDI by a caring tech. I'm working on the basis that a little time invested now, should pay dividends later..

Hopefully a ceramic coat should ensure some easy cleaning for the future & no brake dust etching.. We'll see..

An observation @mopardave ..!!

No, it's not ideal to see the oozing rust on a new vehicle and one that would very easily be sorted with a little care on a PDI by a caring tech. I'm working on the basis that a little time invested now, should pay dividends later..

Hopefully a ceramic coat should ensure some easy cleaning for the future & no brake dust etching.. We'll see..
I get it now @Steve H.....and I wholeheartedly agree about time invested now etc.....which is why my 20 year old Honda petrol mower still runs like a good 'un....if you get my drift? Every day is a school day on here....so can I make a suggestion for a thread gents:
What are the best lubes and the appropriate applications.....because I've been applying copper grease for years in blissful ignorance.....hmmmm??????? Anyhow, I'm off to start a new thread!:thumbsup:

I get it now @Steve H.....and I wholeheartedly agree about time invested now etc.....which is why my 20 year old Honda petrol mower still runs like a good 'un....if you get my drift? Every day is a school day on here....so can I make a suggestion for a thread gents:
What are the best lubes and the appropriate applications.....because I've been applying copper grease for years in blissful ignorance.....hmmmm??????? Anyhow, I'm off to start a new thread!:thumbsup:
Point being it’s a Honda mower, if it were a VW mower it wouldn’t have made it to the end of the season.

Not had it on the T6 yet but had it recently on my beemer and had it previously on my Audi. With the Audi I had a puncture and couldn’t get the wheel off. Resorted to sitting down on the wet road and kicking full force with the heel of my shoe multiple times until it finally popped. Drove home with a wet back side in a rage. Keep meaning to grease my car and van. Will make a point of doing it soon now that I’ve been reminded

Back