Wheelchair Ramp Removal

Steved55

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hi All - new to this forum and looking for some basic advice please. Currently looking for a t6 as a base vehicle for a camper conversion. One that I have looked at has a dropped rear floor and electric ramp for wheelchair access. Has anyone any experience of how much work is involved in restoring the rear floor etc to standard?
Thanks in advance

There would be quite a fair bit of work involved to get it back to original, as the rear chassis would have been cut for the drop and reinforced by an engineer.

but the bonus is that you could intergrate a false floor in the rear for your electrical, water, battery’s.

i would also assume that there isn’t a spare tire with the drop floor taking up that area

Hi Bryn - correct - no spare and it appears fuel tank has been dropped and guarded by a hideous steel fabrication that considerably reduces ground clearance. Am trying to find some pics of the underneath of the rear of a standard t6 if anyone has anything?

Am trying to find some pics of the underneath of the rear of a standard t6 if anyone has anything?
This tag will likely lead you to some photos / threads including photos:

Also, check out CAK Tanks etc websites for photos showing where they mount underbody tanks on Transporters, they’ll have some full-on images I reckon.

Van purchased and work commenced!

Back