Wheelbase Alloys

LT2019

T6 Pro
Anyone has experience of these guys?

As having a fookin nightmare with them.

Having placed an order for some wolfrace wheels, they should have been delivered within 7 days- order placed 3weeks ago:
  • Nothing turned up, texted and emailed them - nothing.
  • Called them, they said delivery was delayed. Arranged for a another date.
  • Again on the day nothing turned up, had to call to find out one of the wheels was the incorrect width
  • Again arranged another delivery date, again nothing showed up, again had to call them to chase Parcelforce, issue with trailer. I had to call them back to find an answer.
  • Scheduled for Saturday delivery - final received wheels. Signed them unchecked.
  • Wheels just came into flimsy carboard boxes with one strip of packing tape, one of the wheels have fallen out of the box
  • Finally come to fit them, get one on the van - looks mint
  • Thought I’d better check the tires and alloy spec. It is marked 8J ET43
  • Where I had ordered 8.5 ET50.
  • It turns out they have sent me X10s which are not even loaded rated enough for my T28.
  • Invoice states 8.5 ET50 with loading rating of 1000Kg+ these are only rated at 730kg!
Bloody fuming, got the hassle now of sending these back, what would you guys do??

Having placed an order for some wolfrace wheels, they should have been delivered within 7 days- order placed 3weeks ago:
  • Again on the day nothing turned up, had to call to find out one of the wheels was the incorrect width
  • Again arranged another delivery date, again nothing showed up, again had to call them to chase Parcelforce, issue with trailer. I had to call them back to find an answer.
  • Scheduled for Saturday delivery - final received wheels. Signed them unchecked.
  • Wheels just came into flimsy carboard boxes with one strip of packing tape, one of the wheels have fallen out of the box
  • It turns out they have sent me X10s which are not even loaded rated enough for my T28.
  • Invoice states 8.5 ET50 with loading rating of 1000Kg+ these are only rated at 730kg!
Bloody fuming, got the hassle now of sending these back, what would you guys do??
get a full refund and use another reputable company

I can only offer my experience with them which was excellent.
I was after some sportline 5.1 alloys, and found a set on from another supplier a lot cheaper than there advertised price, they price matched and supplied my preferred tyres and delivered within 48 hours, well under my original budget!
Maybe I was lucky!......

I’d call them again and politely explain the situation and ask what they’re going to do to remedy... don’t lose your cool...
Essentially they need to arrange pick up and return. If they can’t deliver your requirement then get your money back

Assuming you paid on credit card. Send Wheelbase a very calm email outlining your dissatisfaction & reasons. Give them 7days to collect them & give you a full refund, stating that you will raise a clawback with the credit card company if they don’t.

Thanks for the advise guys, I will try and get through to the director if possible on Tuesday to explain the catalogue of errors and lack of customer support it been quite farcical really. Not quite sure how they can get the order so wrong.

@Jay17cali because VW sport lines are et50?

Thanks for the advise guys, I will try and get through to the director if possible on Tuesday to explain the catalogue of errors and lack of customer support it been quite farcical really. Not quite sure how they can get the order so wrong.

@Jay17cali because VW sport lines are et50?
Ahh sorry .thats me not reading the full text of your post...
I just presumed you were buying 20s
Didn’t know they did sportline wheels there :)

Not buying sportlines but 18” Wolfrace but the reason et50 as wanted to stick with what VW use on 18s — you get me!

Not buying sportlines but 18” Wolfrace but the reason et50 as wanted to stick with what VW use on 18s — you get me!
Yep makes sense personally I think they will fill the arch better it’s only 7mm but you need the load rated wheels as you say...

To be fair the et43 8j sit ok. But alloy isn’t the correct load rating.

Question how do you correct measure car tire and rim width? Tires are 255/45/18 As with a tape measure the tire comes up short (approx 240mm) and the rim comes up as 9’’. Is the 8j the inner width of the rim. Suppose the 255 is the width of the tire casing not the width of the top part of the tire?

I ordered a set of wolfrace assassin 18” end of last month. Finally had 3 delivered on Friday. Waiting for the 4th to be delivered. Promised it will be with me by tomorrow. Think I now need to check each wheel. Does anybody know if these wheels require a spigot kit. They are going on a T32 18 plate lwb. Thanks.

Make sure you check the back of each wheel for model, width, ET etc. The X10s came with plastic spigots.

How were they packaged?

Thank you, will do. Do you know the best et for my van? Sorry, new to this. First T6, used to LR defenders!
They came in a cardboard box with a strip of plastic bubble wrap. Nothing like the professional wrapping stated on the website. The reason for the delay in delivery of the fourth wheel is the packaging is damaged and parcel force have had to repack it. Hopefully it’s not damaged when it arrives.

What width & ET did you order? You order tires at the same time?
At least you got some bubble wrap in yours!;)

Ummmm... was about to order from these guys, don’t think I’ll bother now!

I’ve just got mine from LK performance. Spot on. Loads of tyre and size options, arrived 3 working days, balance is perfect. Well chuffed

Hi word of warning...just checked ebay reviews...past month 2 reciprocal reviews ...it’s bad enough in these times that we trust sellers on the web to deliver.....Still far to many cowboys out there...beware :(

Hi All
Is anyone else have grief getting wheels supplied?
I ordered a set of 6 ATS 18’s from Wheelbase in Feb, only 4 of them finally turned up in early April & I’m still waiting for the 5th!!!
To make matters worse I just inspected them closely, as I’m planning to have them ceramic coated at same time as the van, and 1 is all scratched near the valve!
They have never been near the van and are stored in warm dry my annex!!
Am I unlucky or is this level of service typical of either this or other suppliers?

Back