Wheel spacers help and fitting service

KarlSturge74

Hello there,

Could anyone recommend a decent company/garage that can supply and fit TUV approved wheel spacers to my T6.1 please? I have had it lowered and I’m keeping the factory 17” Devonports with 215/60 tyres.
This probably involves different length bolts, cutting the existing locking bolts etc. So I would rather pay a professional to do it! Thanks in advance, Karl.

If people bother with locking wheel bolts, most would fit better aftermarket ones of a suitable length.

I took my locking bolts off when I put spacers on, doubt there's many people willing to spend the time nicking some devonports worth a few hundred quid. The VW locking bolts look like they'd cause more problems to me rather than anyone else.

I think wheels get nicked for tyres these days. Pretty much everything has alloys, so standard ones are pretty safe.

I have fitted some 15mm spacers from Watfield engineering, as recommended in another thread but I don't know if the fitment is quite right. The diameter of the spacer is slightly smaller than the wheel and hub which doesn't feel right to me??

20210615_112510.jpg

20210615_112442.jpg

Hello there,

Could anyone recommend a decent company/garage that can supply and fit TUV approved wheel spacers to my T6.1 please? I have had it lowered and I’m keeping the factory 17” Devonports with 215/60 tyres.
This probably involves different length bolts, cutting the existing locking bolts etc. So I would rather pay a professional to do it! Thanks in advance, Karl.
did you find anywhere local? Rtec in st Albans should be able to do this if you don’t want to travel to the south coast or midlands

I have fitted some 15mm spacers from Watfield engineering, as recommended in another thread but I don't know if the fitment is quite right. The diameter of the spacer is slightly smaller than the wheel and hub which doesn't feel right to me??
That's just how they are, my 20mm and 30mm are the same and they've been on for at least 10000mile probably more, on a heavily loaded T32 which gets driven hard at times. No problems at all.

I got H r spacers 15mm front and 25mm back from euro part. They are the same size as the hub. With standard 17" wheel 215 tyre, Looks spot on.

I got H r spacers 15mm front and 25mm back from euro part. They are the same size as the hub. With standard 17" wheel 215 tyre, Looks spot on.
I’ve considering getting that combo for some time. What offset are those wheels and how low are you?

No idea. Just normal 17" comes with these Edition van. I have dropped the van by 65mm with hr coil over. By the way u will need some longer bolts for the front wheels. I think they were 54mm bolts. Heres a before n after.

20200815_093150.jpg

20200815_093202.jpg

20200815_093112.jpg

20200815_093056.jpg

Back