Wheel size/fitment/offset and tyres?

hi id like to fit some off road look wheels but without going full swamper nerd mode so what's the max et ? as i don't want to come out past arch or fit arch trims , thanks

Use something like willtheyfit.com to compare with what you have now, then go outside with a tape measure and see what it looks like.

As dubber says, but offset needs to be linked to wheel width which you don’t state. To achieve the same flush look, as the wheel gets narrower, the offset decreases.

As dubber says, but offset needs to be linked to wheel width which you don’t state. To achieve the same flush look, as the wheel gets narrower, the offset decreases.
Offset does not always decrease to wheel width. In fact it isn’t linked to wheel width at all

I've recently fitted some Fuel Zephyr swamper style wheels to my T6 which are 8.5J x 17 ET 34. With 225/55/17 "road" tyres the fronts are probably on the limit for arch protrusion or poke as I think it is called? I certainly wouldn't be comfortable with them being a lower offset.
The rears could probably take a 10mm spacer without going too far. I have a set of 5mm spacers to go on but need some longer bolts first.

I have ET35 on 9.5J all round and whilst the rears are fine ( I could have gone 10.5J to fully fill the arch), the fronts are only just legal. The added drawback of this is spraying even the slightest bit of road crap up the side of the van when it's wet, and whilst my mud flaps help, narrower wheels (or narrower offset) would help more!

This is my front set up with the 8.5J et 34. Not the best background I admit but it's where the van is currently parked...20211226_105214.jpg

Back