Wheel Arch Extension With Sportline Front Spoiler

T6Andy

T6 Pro
anyone done this and got pictures how it’s looks? I realise the front extensions would need trimmed but what to see what it would look like!

Good shout - might make it look less Snow Plough like.

Yeh that’s what I’m thinking, I’ve just had the sportline fitted to mine and i’m thinking black gloss wheel arches would be a nice contrast and stop the spoiler sit as far out from wheel arch.

0FEC9EF5-D862-4730-9EAA-FAB8BE4AAA4C.jpeg

Yeh that’s what I’m thinking, I’ve just had the sportline fitted to mine and i’m thinking black gloss wheel arches would be a nice contrast and stop the spoiler sit as far out from wheel arch.

View attachment 32794

As a pervious Sportline splitter owner, that's just a bad angle to take the photo, and they don't look that exaggerated in real life :eek:

Silver is a hard colour to make that splitter blend in better, but I found my Black T6 looked much better with wider front wheels. This moved the tyre edge level with the end of the splitter and made it look less bulbous. I think fitting Black arch extensions to a Silver T6, butting up to a Silver splitter will look a little odd, and might make the splitter stand out even more.
I don't dislike the Sportline splitter, it just takes some tweaking to get the look right.

Have you tried putting spacers on the wheels?

As a pervious Sportline splitter owner, that's just a bad angle to take the photo, and they don't look that exaggerated in real life :eek:

Silver is a hard colour to make that splitter blend in better, but I found my Black T6 looked much better with wider front wheels. This moved the tyre edge level with the end of the splitter and made it look less bulbous. I think fitting Black arch extensions to a Silver T6, butting up to a Silver splitter will look a little odd, and might make the splitter stand out even more.
I don't dislike the Sportline splitter, it just takes some tweaking to get the look right.

Have you tried putting spacers on the wheels?

I agree with TS.

I assumed you meant you would spray the arch protectors reflex-silver to match - that might ease out those protruding edges.

Yeh they come Matt black, so would try them in situ like that first before deciding to colour code to silver or going gloss black. The Audi q range does the gloss back wheel arches against different colours and it does look nice on them.

DAF4DACD-2FBD-481B-AD2F-2D47B100EAE3.jpeg

That’s the nuts....right there....yep I think that’s just made my mind up...is that lowered too?

It’s not my van it belongs to a guy I know a little through mountain biking.

It was an ex demo so it’s all genuine VW. I’d imagine it’s been lowered on 3omm Springs but I don’t know for sure.

Got my refurbed wheels and new tyres on today, fills the arches better now! Definitely going to go down the wheel arch kit route in the New Year....unsure whether to leave on standard suspension or drop slightly even though now on Bridgestone All Terrains. A before pic and 3 Afters

81B8A1EE-1AB7-4B8D-B7A9-DBAF4BD3A37A.jpeg

16F7F67B-3E78-42D0-8EDD-449CFBF89AC1.jpeg

E898969C-984E-41B2-958D-8BBCFFD550E6.jpeg

766DFC79-0F2E-424D-B742-B14C05FD1A06.jpeg

Thought I'd revive this post...
I just took delivery of some arch extensions with the intention of colour coding them. Anyone else gone down this route? Pictures? Love to see it in indium grey.

Back