Whats the country coming to.....

Slavery is still with us in a 'modern' form...
Women are still greatly disadvantaged, harassed, etc in the workplace and elsewhere...
Independance can lead to horrible instablity, ethnic cleansing etc..

ok discuss...
(and this isn't just aimed at you @Bav (yours was just the easiest and last post to quote)

View attachment 176698
I would note that most of the above causes were an oppressed group asserting their equality to others, whereas climate activists, IMO, are asserting their self-perceived moral superiority over others, in order justify the imposition of their beliefs.

I would note that most of the above causes were an oppressed group asserting their equality to others, whereas climate activists, IMO, are asserting their self-perceived moral superiority over others, in order justify the imposition of their beliefs.
If you’d seen some of the cover ups carried out in remote parts of the world like I have during decades in the oil industry you might just have a different opinion.

If you’d seen some of the cover ups carried out in remote parts of the world like I have during decades in the oil industry you might just have a different opinion.
If averting the demise of mankind is not sufficiently laudable for me to accept their approach is justified, then the probability that knowledge of such cover-ups will change my opinion is vanishingly small.

yes good and valid point re. oppression BUT the counter 'argument' is that man made climate change is not a belief it's a scientific fact.

yes good and valid point re. oppression BUT the counter 'argument' is that man made climate change is not a belief it's a scientific fact.
Whether or not man-made climate change is a reality is not the point. Climate activists are seeking to modify societal behaviour, but their tactics are ineffective and counter-productive. It is ironic that our self-professed superiors are unable to grasp that.

The fact that the climate is changing can’t be argued, it’s there for all to see. Whether human activity is a factor is still to be proven. There’s a very simple question that no climate activist has been able to answer.
What happened to the 1km of ice, that used to be where I’m currently sat 10000 years ago? When we’ve only been burning fossils for the last 200 years.
Any geologist will tell you that the earth has a 100,000 year climate cycle. There is an ice age followed by a melt/global warming approximately 50 000 years later. These cycles coincide with our elliptical orbit around the sun. And guess where we are in the cycle :whistle:

Going back to the start. I believe a few years ago that the record for the same person receiving a 'Police Caution' for shoplifting was 161. Many shops, if they can get 'plod' to attend, verify the ID then ban the thief from their store -stores. Then next time, take out civil proceedings for trespass. How successful, I don't know.
Professional security of shopping malls has also a similar banning system. Some stores tried to display photographs, but were threatened with law suits from the woke solicitors.
Once in a pub in Glasgow, a young woman was touting around the tables, offering to steal sweaters / jeans, anything pricy from M&S for half the shop price. Colour, size etc etc

Going back to the start. I believe a few years ago that the record for the same person receiving a 'Police Caution' for shoplifting was 161. Many shops, if they can get 'plod' to attend, verify the ID then ban the thief from their store -stores. Then next time, take out civil proceedings for trespass. How successful, I don't know.
Professional security of shopping malls has also a similar banning system. Some stores tried to display photographs, but were threatened with law suits from the woke solicitors.
Once in a pub in Glasgow, a young woman was touting around the tables, offering to steal sweaters / jeans, anything pricy from M&S for half the shop price. Colour, size etc etc

The bewildering array of options for Police to deal with a simple crime, all of which avoid a court appearance, is part of the problem, IMO.
Many local town Magistrates Courts have closed over the last 30 years as the high volume crimes such as theft are dealt with at the Police station with cautions, warnings, final warnings, reprimands, restorative justice and so on.
I have more faith in the old style - one caution, everybody deserves a second chance, but after that it should always be a court appearance and always a possibility of a custodial sentence if the offence and offending history of the defendant justifies it. Local crimes dealt with in open court where the public can watch justice being administered. Hardened habitual criminals getting their twentieth caution for a theft when they are bang to rights achieves nothing except to further erode public confidence.
Just my opinion, obviously.

My opinion too....

As a rider, I always cringed at the 'first offence' mitigation in Court. We all knew it was just the first time they'd been caught and charged.

My opinion too....

As a rider, I always cringed at the 'first offence' mitigation in Court. We all knew it was just the first time they'd been caught and charged.
If you know it’s just a caution for first offence the incentive is to go big.

I only don’t tell her as I don’t want her to know I’ve found her OnlyFans page!!!
Ah, I see, that explains you being able to afford a Cali AND a gert big wobble box :slow rofl:

• Haha
Reactions: JOG
Back