What needs doing @ 100k miles

transporter.

Hi All,

I'm looking to buy a t6 between 2016-2019. I was wonder what tends to go or needs replacing at around the 100k miles?

Any particular service that should be done before then?

- Cam belt/water pump
- any particular bushes need changing?
- fuel filter?

Thanks

Cambelt+water pump and auxiliary belt should be done every 4 years.
Long service every 20k but better looking for a van with a 10k miles service.
If dsg oil change due every 38k miles.
In addition, but doesn’t apply to all Transporter, my old T5 at 100k needed a refresh, new suspensions, couple of bushes and new coils , broken a couple at 42k miles (same as my T6). However the T5 was older and all of this happened after 13 years. So not sure if it’s just age related or miles related. I would also ask if any work has been done to EGR valve and dpf.
Check disk brakes and pads. Forgot to mention I had to replace disk and pads around 100k miles. And if manual box possibly needs clutch and flywheel (depends on use).
It can definitely be costly buying a 100k miles car/van. Any brand. However many T6 owners look after their van very well and you should spend your time looking for one that has been cared for

Last edited:
Thank you for the detailed reply. That will help loads.

The egr and dpf seem to be a problem on alot of vag cars now days, and sticky fins on turbos.

So if the clutch is high, or I feel it slipping when accelerating away could mean clutch is coming to its end.

I guess the other can be hoses/rubber boots getting cracks causing vacuum leaks someone, although I'm guessing not very common.

How long do injectors tend to work before they need renewing or servicing?

Mine is at close to 110k now.
I had the cam belt done at close to 100k and had the oil on the manual box changed.
Nothing else has been required, and it gets worked hard.
Oh, that`s a lie, it also had a battery.

Mine is at close to 110k now.
I had the cam belt done at close to 100k and had the oil on the manual box changed.
Nothing else has been required, and it gets worked hard.
Oh, that`s a lie, it also had a battery.
Is a oil change on the manual box recommended?, or did you do it just for a piece of mind.

Back