What is the best way to improve handling without invalidating warranty

T6Andy

T6 Pro
So I understand you have to use Eibach 30mm springs not to invalidate warranty but what else can I do to improve the feeling of rolling out in corners with my new Lwb Shuttle 204 dsg?

Any suggestions?

If you have not done it already, at least 18" x 8.5j rims with decent SUV type 255/45/18 tyres. Gives masses more grip and the sidewall doesn't squirm about. That size will not invalidate warranty as its standard Sportline spec. And deffo get it lowered as well - at least 30mm

I don't think VW sell any wheels bigger than 18" x 8j for the T6, so going to 8.5" is outside the standard. I'm not sure if it will invalidate warranty, but equally I'm not sure if there's much benefit for the extra 0.5" width as they both take the same tyre size.

I have today just fitted 18" Satin black with polished undercut Wolfrace Munich with Kumho 255/45/18. These are the exact same spec as the new sportlines being considered via the VW Stealers. I am intending on going down the Eibach 30mm lower sportline springs so as not to invalidate warranty, awaiting a trade friend getting me a price on these. My understanding is that as long as it's standard VW spec parts, fitted by a vat registered garage it won't invalidate the warranty....is this correct?

Also the anti roll bar.....does this make a significant difference and what's the cost of this?

Looking forward to seeing the springs fitted as I have made the same choice for the same reason. (warranty)

? Not sure what you mean, the vehicle has its VW warranty. The question I am asking is sticking to the known sportline spec is there anything else that can be done to improve handling without it causing issues with warranty i.e. Fitting Roll bars do they impact warranty?

? Not sure what you mean, the vehicle has its VW warranty. The question I am asking is sticking to the known sportline spec is there anything else that can be done to improve handling without it causing issues with warranty i.e. Fitting Roll bars do they impact warranty?
What I was getting at was as far as invalidating the warranty is concerned, lowering your van onto minus 40mm springs for example isn't going to affect all the very many different parts and systems on the van not related to the suspension height hence invalidating the warranty. IF you subsequently had an issue with the driveline system (drive shafts or cv joints etc), the VW dealership would maybe put this down to alterations to the suspension causing it however, but in most cases, suspension drop would have to be quite extreme for this to happen imo.
Point I am trying to (poorly) make is many people alter all sorts on these vans and still get warranty work done when required.

What I was getting at was as far as invalidating the warranty is concerned, lowering your van onto minus 40mm springs for example isn't going to affect all the very many different parts and systems on the van not related to the suspension height hence invalidating the warranty. IF you subsequently had an issue with the driveline system (drive shafts or cv joints etc), the VW dealership would maybe put this down to alterations to the suspension causing it however, but in most cases, suspension drop would have to be quite extreme for this to happen imo.
Point I am trying to (poorly) make is many people alter all sorts on these vans and still get warranty work done when required.
I think you are right, I don't recall any T5/T6 being refused warrantee work, even when they have been sensibly modified. I certainly recall arguments over fair ware and tear, but that is a different story.

Reactions: CRD
Back