What Has Your Van Done To You Today?

Donk

Now dormant
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Perhaps we need a new thread. This time the pain inflicted on us by our vans!

Yet another stanley blade knife trimming accident. I'd swear the van is getting it's own back on me after I've chopped it all around. :mad:

Not recent , but I cut a hole in the floor of ours for the gas drop vent, and once done, told my son to be careful as there would be sharp jagged edges until I filed it back. My words were “and I will just check how sharp the edges are”. He thought the swearing and blood that ensued was hilarious.

Pete

Last edited:
873E443E-480E-458F-B7E2-B0EFF69F7A19.jpeg
This was taken a couple of months after the thin metal shield behind the brake disk attacked my hand as it was holding a hammer.

My wonderful first aid skills. A hooked blade for trimming the flooring.

6A17A707-73EC-446E-977C-B34ADFFABA39.jpeg

Battery decided to go flat. Just when I needed the space in it to carry stuff. ended up cramming it into my wifes car.

CTEK and a few hours later all is good again.

Just shows that nearly 3 weeks and no use = no battery charge !

Worse than all the above, I put my brew down whilst changing thee arb bushes, turned round and kicked it over! Absolute nightmare :mad:

Reactions: JOG
Stuck an uprated weight plate to the outside of the drivers door pillar (sorry if the terminology is wrong!) which now gives my T28 an increased all up weight limit of 3000 Kgs:
Weight Plate.jpg
As I've reported elsewhere on here, dealing with SV Tech for the assessment work and issue of the new weight plate went very smoothly. However, I wish that I could say the same about my dealings with DVLA to get my V5C amended. They sent the new one in the end but managed to take almost 3 months from my application to do it. Even taking account of problems presented by Covid, that's pee poor service.

what had to be done to it to increase the weight limit @Ayjay ???
Nothing at all but I might have had it easy because the Devonport wheels and tyres on my T28 came off a brand new T32 and were rated as such. I really don't know what the outcome would have been had I still had the original Claytons on it as I don't know their ratings but the rest of the van is apparently well up to the extra 200Kgs.

Just the usual Stanley related incident, turns out trimfix makes a decent plaster too.

View attachment 76163
That made me giggle.............but, thinking about it again, it was probably the best thing........clean dressing on a fresh wound, allowed you to continue without your van looking like a butcher's shop, kept the crud out of the wound and came off easily when you were done (I hope!)

Back