What Are They Worth?

I feel a T6F/Tourershine sponsorship deal in the making :thumbsup:

Any TV coverage?
Unfortunately no TV coverage. It’s hard enough to get out on the water and even take photo’s. What is worse is that we aren’t even going. She goes on her own with her team and coaches.

Heck of an achievement as she hasn’t even made it into the National Squad (yet). So that is her push over the next couple of qualifier events.

As an idea to raise funds you could locate a suitable Olde English historical village, set up stocks on the village green and invite people, for a quid or two, to throw fruit and veg at you! You might even get some of your own cash back off the kids! :D Im sure some members of the forum would "support" you.
Slightly easier than selling body parts or "taking one for the team" (and squirry the squirrel goes neep-neep-neep! Now, what do you charge...)

As an idea to raise funds you could locate a suitable Olde English historical village, set up stocks on the village green and invite people, for a quid or two, to throw fruit and veg at you! You might even get some of your own cash back off the kids! :D Im sure some members of the forum would "support" you.
Slightly easier than selling body parts or "taking one for the team" (and squirry the squirrel goes neep-neep-neep! Now, what do you charge...)
I'd happily pay to do that.:rofl:

Sounds like someone is going to show off their disco moves at camper jam to raise some funds :)

Can’t make it to CamperJam. Guess why........,,..

Yep you got it, kids are sailing!

Anyone have any idea what the going price is for a kidney or a lung, or whether both together would bring a greater payment?

Got a bit of a shock email yesterday, my daughter (turned 13 only a month ago) has been selected by the Royal Yachting Association and the International Topper Class Association to represent GBR at the Irish National Championship in July.

She is buzzing, I am crying. That is another £500 to try and rustle together when their already planned sailing events between now and August is costing over 2k.

Why oh why did we not choose tiddlywinks for the pair of them rather than sailing.:cry:.

Ideas on how to raise funds welcome - i’ll consider pretty much anything.:rolleyes:
I feel you pain mate my daughter has done gymnastics since she was 5yr old shes 15 now, shes currently British champion, shes just competed in the worlds in Belgium last month against 22 gymnasts from 20 countries and came 3rd, and she has the internationals in Canada next month. So proud of her but I dont want to think what it has cost me over the last 10 years in fees, costumes, hotels, flights etc.
But hey that's what it's all about isn't it our kids

Ok guys and girls
After um’ing and ar’ing for a few days, and sitting down with a calculator (couldn’t manage it using just my fingers and toes!) I have taken @Loz advice and set up a go fund me page for trying to get my daughter to the Irish Nationals. And then both son and daughter to the British Nationals (being held in Scotland). There are then a further three national events that they need to compete in to try to qualify for the National Squad.

I haven’t taken this lightly as I hate asking for help, but as you’ll see from a lot of my posts I spend almost every moment when I am not at work, dedicated to taking my young sailors all over the country.

Click here to support Young sailors need help to compete organised by David Bray

Last edited:
Back