What Are They Worth?

DaveyB

Team White
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Anyone have any idea what the going price is for a kidney or a lung, or whether both together would bring a greater payment?

Got a bit of a shock email yesterday, my daughter (turned 13 only a month ago) has been selected by the Royal Yachting Association and the International Topper Class Association to represent GBR at the Irish National Championship in July.

She is buzzing, I am crying. That is another £500 to try and rustle together when their already planned sailing events between now and August is costing over 2k.

Why oh why did we not choose tiddlywinks for the pair of them rather than sailing.:cry:.

Ideas on how to raise funds welcome - i’ll consider pretty much anything.:rolleyes:

EDIT:- Following suggestions a crowd funding page has been set up. Anyone feeling like contributing can do so here. Thank you all so much.
Click here to support Young sailors need help to compete organised by David Bray

Last edited:
Anyone have any idea what the going price is for a kidney or a lung, or whether both together would bring a greater payment?

Got a bit of a shock email yesterday, my daughter (turned 13 only a month ago) has been selected by the Royal Yachting Association and the International Topper Class Association to represent GBR at the Irish National Championship in July.

She is buzzing, I am crying. That is another £500 to try and rustle together when their already planned sailing events between now and August is costing over 2k.

Why oh why did we not choose tiddlywinks for the pair of them rather than sailing.:cry:.

Ideas on how to raise funds welcome - i’ll consider pretty much anything.:rolleyes:

1/ Trade van in for a Vauxhall Combo.
2/ Male strippogram ( suggest fireman uniform )
3/ Pretend its all fine. Then tell her two days before the event, its been cancelled due to Brexit.

You must be very proud. I would be. My thirteen year old daughter, has now lost the ability to speak English, and has taken on the ability to converse in grunts.

Sperm Donor:whistle: if you can create talented sailors you could make some money

Brilliant news @DaveyB - you must be really proud - hopefully she will pay you back many times over in the years to come!!

1/ Trade van in for a Vauxhall Combo.
2/ Male strippogram ( suggest fireman uniform )
3/ Pretend its all fine. Then tell her two days before the event, its been cancelled due to Brexit.

You must be very proud. I would be. My thirteen year old daughter, has now lost the ability to speak English, and has taken on the ability to converse in grunts.
The strippogram bit can definitely be achieved, got the kit in the car already. :thumbsup:.

Cracking achievement, well done. My nephews are either sat on their a*ses playing computer games or glued to their bloody phones, does my head in. Their age I was expected to work on my grand parents farm, happy days though and great memories:)

At the risk of sounding gay (although after a row with Lady Mfwic its often a consideration) I think you would excel at Male stripper in your "Fire PERSON" uniform.;)
But on a serious note, Going without for the development of our children is one of the best long term pleasures of parenthood. No amount of money can ever buy the feeling you get and how proud you feel when you see your kids enjoying and succeeding in their pleasures.
Plus your job saves lives. How fing good is that !!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

1/ . My thirteen year old daughter, has now lost the ability to speak English, and has taken on the ability to converse in grunts.
My daughter (Now 18) went through the same phase at 13 so I opted to reply to any question she asked in incoherent grunts. This proved to be very frustrating for her, especially when she wanted something. Suffice to say, this phase in her life was short lived.

Any TV coverage?
The LAST thing I would want is a TV crew following me around. Humans would then actually see that I am certifiably crazy.
Whilst I'm sure it would be great for TV ratings, I'm not entirely sure it would have the same effect for business.
I would however be more than happy to sponsor and support, through my network, any such production by another member.
PS. Can I have a cameo role but only as Lord Mfwic?

Last edited by a moderator:
I was foolish enough to think I would save £££ when our daughter was at the age when we could stop paying for child care, then other things coming, how wrong could I have been

Back