What Are These?

Loz

Admin
VIP Member
I need a replacement but don't know what they are called to search for them? any ideas @Fish ?
scaled.IMG_0880.jpg scaled.IMG_0881.jpg

Loz,
To be honest i have never seen these, but i am assuming they are a timber connector to allow free run of timber when timber is up against another timber.
I do a lot of cut roofs and truss roofs and i use either strongtie.co.uk or timber connectors.co.uk. Not saying they will have these but they might have something similar to retrofit.

Got a picture further away and what are they used for as far as you use them
Been in the building game for 40 years and never seen anything like those

I’d say that your local blacksmith would make them, if you cannot sourced them from anywhere else.

I’d say that your local blacksmith would make them, if you cannot sourced them from anywhere else.
Yea I was thinking I might have to make one up if I can find a little piece of galv sheet..

Im a bit late to the party, but they are for fixing Nucleus together to prevent them from coming apart.
My brother uses these on his hives to help if livestock knock them over

xthumb_technosetbee-hive-connectors-small.jpg.pagespeed.ic.fcV5JqDdXf.jpg

i make bee hives in my spare time and sell them, but my brother keeps buying up all my stock.
I know that when he puts them on the organic farms he uses those clips, some people use a ratchet strap to connect the whole hive together
but i personally think straps look a bit "Heath Robinson"

I'm selling my bee equipment as we're giving up our allotment so was just trying to replace the one I have lost, that last photo looks perfect..

@Loz you beat me to it! I've just rung him and he said Thornes might have them, so im glad you are sorted

Back