What’s Your Kombi/panel Van (non Camper) Sleeping Arrangements?

Jimmi

Television Lighting Engineer
T6 Guru
When camping I put a fold up fishing bed in mine. It’s really comfortable but takes up loads of room. I end up with all my stuff all over the place. I can’t build anything permanent as I need to be able to empty the van at a moments notice. So was wondering what other non camper van owners do.

7E9A86DD-46C8-4FBA-BCCF-26D7127132A3.jpeg I got my hands on a second hand Vango Kela because it was cheap. I had my doubts wether I’d be bothered to use it as I only normally do 2 nights, but it’s good as a “guest room” if I have someone with me! But if it’s just me then I won’t take a tent.
This was taken in the Lake District yesterday.

I use a vanking kombi bed and fit a slidepod underneath for cooking and washing up. Takes about 15mins to fit and gives me the flexibility to use as a van. Drive-Away awning when camping with the kidsA0B6FE31-651E-42A7-A04B-52A91937EDD8.jpegEE2E860A-0E6A-48B9-A89A-321F6E1674EF.jpegE12F76D6-5EEB-44DA-AE6C-A537E2B71B29.jpeg

Vanworx sleep pack set up, not been away yet but have vango galli blow up awning if away with the wifeView attachment 50771
Hi, only just found your post - do you still have the Vanworx sleep pack - is it comfortable ? And do you have any more pics from the back please? Trying to get in touch with them but they're not super quick at getting back :)

will try and dig out any relevant photos, its lovely and comfy for one, bit of a squeeze for two, but with awning gives option of sleeping in there, but solo with dog sleep pack works great, vanworx are great, fantastic quality, bed base is heavy and you need space to store but really solid when sleepingIMG_0393.jpegIMG_2775.jpeg

cheers for the quick reply - it's exactly same as me - want something comfy (i've been kipping on the floor) for when hiking and fishing. Will then use tail awning when wife comes along. I'm interested if you get the chance to see how it fits from the rear of the van as I have the electric tailgate motors which stick out a bit at a certain height - massive thanks

Would love to see some more setups... It would be great to utilize the kombi as a camper too.

Would love to see some more setups... It would be great to utilize the kombi as a camper too.
Here's another! The two side seats can be extended to make singles or could be adapted to a double. Used with rear seat out or folded but it could probably be incorporated into bed layout with some adaptations. (This set up is listed in For Sale section. Excluding Nano Pod and Lagun table)

vw1 s POSWS.jpg

Sadly I don't have pics to share. I have a pretty standard Kombi (captains chairs up front on swivels, 2+1 rear seat) and have made a slot together ply bed taking inspiration from this forum. It can be set up as a king size or a single, the latter meaning I can fit kit inside or potentially my bike/motorbike (yet to try though). Packs down flat if I need it like that or can be set up in the boot with the seats up for travelling around. King size bed means I can sleep with me plus two kids with mats and sleeping bags

Here's another! The two side seats can be extended to make singles or could be adapted to a double. Used with rear seat out or folded but it could probably be incorporated into bed layout with some adaptations. (This set up is listed in For Sale section. Excluding Nano Pod and Lagun table)

View attachment 93637
Nice layout that

Back