Welcome new members

Thought I’d say Hi!

I’m Speedypepper and I’m definitely not new here but it’s been a while - think the last time I was around was 2014ish!!

Was first around back in 2009 with my SWB T4 Hightop ‘Trev’, then with another SWB T4 Tin top known as ‘Polly Pepper’ followed by another known as ‘The Beast’, then a fully converted T5.1 by AJC Conversions, simply known as ‘The Van’, which was sold in 2021

I’m now back from the ‘I haven’t got a van doldrums’ with a 2017 SWB T6 purchased at the weekend that I’m starting from scratch with again and my kids have called ‘Bob!’

Looking forward to checking out people’s vans, and getting to some meets and getting to meet new faces and old!

I doubt anyone will remember me but if you do, please say hi! It’s been a very long time no see! Speedypepper now comes as a unit of three with two mini peppers aged 8 and 5! So yeah it’s definitely been far too long!

And for friends I’ve yet to meet - hello! Nice to be here.Looking forward to getting to know you!

Jayne

IMG_5347.jpeg

IMG_5350.jpeg

IMG_5348.jpeg

IMG_5349.jpeg

IMG_5352.jpeg

IMG_5353.jpeg

IMG_5302.jpeg

IMG_5303.jpeg

IMG_5305.jpeg

IMG_5309.jpeg

Hi guys, i'm new around here and currently driving a t5.1 .
Had it for the past 9 or 10 years and love it .
Sharing a commonality for vdub stuff i wonder if theres room here for us boys with pre t6 models too ?

View attachment 237981
This is our bus and our travel companion Taz .
Welcome along @JumpShip , I'm sure nobody will mind you being here as long as we can see the front too! Lovely rear end may I say!

Afternoon all,

Had my T6.1 delivered yesterday and took her for the first longish drive today - that adaptive cruise control is something else, I think I may live on that! Had an S4 Avant for the past couple of years, but the eldest has reached an age that the bikes are going to be out to play more, so I needed something a bit more practical!

I bought the van from Agnew VW Belfast - I wonder if the previous owner is on here? Looks to have had some work done; Leighton front splitter/side bars/rear speakers. I have a feeling some larger wheels may have been on it before trade in as the current ones seem a little lost in the arches.. I have some Tomahawk Kato's being fitted tomorrow with Falken Wildpeak AT3's, tyres/sizes taken from recommendations on this forum so thanks!

For the most part the van is great, and I'm very happy with it, but I was hoping for some advice on a couple of bits:
  • Head Unit
    • The screen is smaller than I thought, is there a VW replacement or a good alternative to 'fill out' that space, without having to go for the Alpine floating screen type I see recommended on here? Or is that seen to be one of the best upgrades?
  • Lights
    • I'm not overly stoked on the halogens having come from LED's; would people recommend swapping the bulbs out or going for something like the THQ LED headlights?
    • If anyone has the THQ LED's, and has for a while, what's the build quality like? Was it a massive improvement over stock halogens?
  • Side bars
    • They're pretty chipped up, wondering if there is someone who has been through the various options (powder coat/rattle can/wrap?) who could recommend the best way of getting them back in shape..
Image below as she stands, will get one with the new wheels/tyres tomorrow too!

1714060000677.png

Afternoon all,

Had my T6.1 delivered yesterday and took her for the first longish drive today - that adaptive cruise control is something else, I think I may live on that! Had an S4 Avant for the past couple of years, but the eldest has reached an age that the bikes are going to be out to play more, so I needed something a bit more practical!

I bought the van from Agnew VW Belfast - I wonder if the previous owner is on here? Looks to have had some work done; Leighton front splitter/side bars/rear speakers. I have a feeling some larger wheels may have been on it before trade in as the current ones seem a little lost in the arches.. I have some Tomahawk Kato's being fitted tomorrow with Falken Wildpeak AT3's, tyres/sizes taken from recommendations on this forum so thanks!

For the most part the van is great, and I'm very happy with it, but I was hoping for some advice on a couple of bits:
  • Head Unit
    • The screen is smaller than I thought, is there a VW replacement or a good alternative to 'fill out' that space, without having to go for the Alpine floating screen type I see recommended on here? Or is that seen to be one of the best upgrades?
  • Lights
    • I'm not overly stoked on the halogens having come from LED's; would people recommend swapping the bulbs out or going for something like the THQ LED headlights?
    • If anyone has the THQ LED's, and has for a while, what's the build quality like? Was it a massive improvement over stock halogens?
  • Side bars
    • They're pretty chipped up, wondering if there is someone who has been through the various options (powder coat/rattle can/wrap?) who could recommend the best way of getting them back in shape..

View attachment 238280
Afternoon all,

• Head Unit
  • Lights
  • Side bars

View attachment 238280
Welcome along @Nick88 , I went from the standard halogens to the THQ V1's (there's now a v2 LED) the difference is amazing, especially being able to see the road ahead at night! Much more road presence during the day too with superb DRL's. After my suspension transformation the upgraded lights come in a close second. Essential upgrade the lights. Once those wheels are sorted it will look perfect. Looking forward to some new pictures soon!

Welcome along @Nick88 , I went from the standard halogens to the THQ V1's (there's now a v2 LED) the difference is amazing, especially being able to see the road ahead at night! Much more road presence during the day too with superb DRL's. After my suspension transformation the upgraded lights come in a close second. Essential upgrade the lights. Once those wheels are sorted it will look perfect. Looking forward to some new pictures soon!
Thanks lads, I'm looking forward to seeing her on the new wheels, can then decide what needs to be done about suspension.. But the wallet may need a breather first!

Back