Weighing up some options

damo1023

Emissions Technician
VIP Member
T6 Guru
So its been one of those weeks that's seriously got me considering the options of what I do moving forward with the small fleet of vehicles that I currently have.
Besides the ever so subtle yellow T6 I also have a Toyota GT86 that this week has decided to magically deconstruct its bottom end (37k miles and serviced every 6 months).
We also have a runabout vehicle which shall remain nameless :slow rofl:

Currently looking at 3 options for it and all of them involve a bottom end rebuild on the GT86.

Standard bottom end rebuild will cost me £800 best case scenario, worst case around £2800 no labour costs involved just my time

1. Rebuild and forge the engine then put a turbo on it and push 350ish bhp cost circa 8k.

2. Sell it on and buy a replacement, wife is currently liking the idea of an AMG A45 (cost maybe £2k on top of the sale of the GT86)

3. Sell the Toyota and replace with a Crafter which I'll kit out over the Winter time, then sell on the transporter in the spring time (costs in the long run probably lots)

We've been talking for a while about upgrading to a larger vehicle, the transporter has been flawless in its time but looking a few years down the line its possible that we might not be in the position to be able to do it.
So with that being the case what would you do in our position ? yes I have considered the match option :slow rofl:

If you buy the crafter and sell the T6 down the line, will you have a run around car?

I've owned 2 A45s and they are incredible. 2017 Yellow Night Edition being the pick of the bunch, was a stunning looker

If you buy the crafter and sell the T6 down the line, will you have a run around car?

I've owned 2 A45s and they are incredible. 2017 Yellow Night Edition being the pick of the bunch, was a stunning looker
I have good access to run about vehicles; my wife works in a Honda dealership the current run about (2004 Jazz) has just cost me £300 with a full year's mot on it.
The little things are pretty bulletproof as things go and don't want for much besides a yearly oil change. It does help that my apprenticeship was served with Honda.

Love to hear the feedback on the A45 I did consider a Golf R before buying the transporter, but it just blends in a bit too much. Her who must be obeyed actually prefers vehicles that stand out a bit and she is pretty opinionated on cars to say the least. Even getting her to consider the Merc was a triumph as she is normally quite a diehard Jap fan

Back