We broke the seat, need new clips!

Rosie&Co

First proper trip last week in our van and I might have been a bit heavy bottomed when closing the double front passenger seat storage. There are two clips, one on each of the seats underneath which ‘clip’ into the back of the seat when put back into normal position. They broke. I’ve tried looking for spares but can’t see them anywhere. Does anyone know what part these are?

I have a few spare bits from a double. Photograph what you need and I’ll have a look for you. :cool:

I’ve probably got the bits you need!

12A1FF70-26FC-4CC0-9866-946BBB104EDC.jpeg

Sorry to hijack an old thread but I have just been rummaging under our double seat and found a random couple of bits of plastic both of which are in the photo provided by Spaghetti copied below...

One looks the same as the 2 top items and the other one which was actually inserted in the centre metal brace is the same as the bottom left hand item (there does appear to be some metal spring arrangement in the same place). After reading a few posts this morning is it correct that these are somehow supposed to hold the double seat down in place? On ours we just lift the front then tilt forward to open and close and has been like that since we bought it last year! Can anyone provide some photos or description on where they would fit and how it is meant to work please.

Many thanks

Lee

I have a few spare bits from a double. Photograph what you need and I’ll have a look for you. :cool:

I’ve probably got the bits you need!

View attachment 77318

The two bits are shown here on my seat.

The clip shown in green slots under the rear of the seat frame.

The peg that holds it shut is at the bottom (red arrow) and pushes between the spring clip held in the centre bar at the front (shown by the blue arrow). It should latch firmly shut.

IMG_3585.jpeg

The two bits are shown here on my seat.

The clip shown in green slots under the rear of the seat frame.

The peg that holds it shut is at the bottom (red arrow) and pushes between the spring clip held in the centre bar at the front (shown by the blue arrow). It should latch firmly shut.

View attachment 206434
Many thanks Spaghetti, I worked out the green arrowed one last night (pity I only seem to have 1 of those trims) but for the life of me couldn't work out which way around the red arrow part went so this is really useful. I suspect they were removed and not refitted when the van was converted and the company were installing the seat swivel and backrest modification.

Hi everyone. Having an issue related to this. All the clips on my seat are present and look to be in the correct places as per Spaghetti's image above (and undamaged). The seat opens and closes fine, but the latch does not click in place when closing (I have tried with some force). Seems as though something is stopping the peg (red arrow above) from fully inserting between the spring clip (green arrow).

Appreciate this isn't a massive issue - the seat does stay closed when driving just with gravity. I would like for it to be fully secure though. Any ideas what could be causing this? Thanks.

Back