Water tank - what cleaner do you recommend

We just use milton and then dry and keep ventilated until next use.

Not done ours yet and not sure how to effectively clean it (75litre underslung tank) - I'm working on the principle that as we are using it regularly (never more than 2 or 3 weeks between trips since we got it last October) and only drink the water after boiled for tea and coffee it shouldn't be too bad yet - it will be going in for its first habitation survey in October and hoping that this is part of that?

I empty ours after the trip then as soon as I get a chance refill with a milton solution and drive around with it so it gets a good sloshing about, run the tap a bit then drain it all out, isolate the pump and open the tap to let it drain out. Then leave the cap off and drain tap open so that it airs and dries out best it can.

I empty ours after the trip then as soon as I get a chance refill with a milton solution and drive around with it so it gets a good sloshing about, run the tap a bit then drain it all out, isolate the pump and open the tap to let it drain out. Then leave the cap off and drain tap open so that it airs and dries out best it can.
Do you fill your tank right up with Milton solution or just put a measured amount in? Could get expensive with my big tank - with the 90ml to 5l suggested dilution on the bottle I would need to use 1.35l of Milton every time I clean it out? I suppose the other way to do it would be just use, say, 10l of made up solution and then go an a drive with lots of stop/starts in the hope it sloshed round the whole tank??

Do you fill your tank right up with Milton solution or just put a measured amount in? Could get expensive with my big tank - with the 90ml to 5l suggested dilution on the bottle I would need to use 1.35l of Milton every time I clean it out? I suppose the other way to do it would be just use, say, 10l of made up solution and then go an a drive with lots of stop/starts in the hope it sloshed round the whole tank??
IIRC it one capful for each 5 litres of water. I put 10 litres in and drive up the road a swerve about little :)

IIRC it one capful for each 5 litres of water. I put 10 litres in and drive up the road a swerve about little :)
Lol. Bottle says 3 caps to 5l which is where I got 90ml from. How big is your tank?

Back