Water leaking in to rear of van [Resolved]

Rich Green

Electrician
T6 Pro
Hi guys. I noticed some water in the rear of my T5.1 van the other day. Opening the rear doors there was a puddle in the left hand corner. My mate was following me the other day and says my left hand side high level light is working but is very very dull. Would or could these problems be related?

Just checked mine and the brake light is loose I can feel it just by pressing it. There is a spoiler above tho and the light itself appears dry!

Just sat in the back for a while and the water seems to be coming out of the top hole? Surely that can’t be the brake light?? Strange that it has stopped working tho? I have roof bars fitted these have never been used and as far as I’m aware have leaked before.

4FF38BDB-DF66-48FE-9033-83FE50DB59E3.jpeg

There are a couple threads on here that some people have altered them using studding but I’ve sealed these using the same fixings with tap washers on ones that people have wanted to be able to remove the bars in future and ones that haven’t I’ve done with stikaflex

There are a couple threads on here that some people have altered them using studding but I’ve sealed these using the same fixings with tap washers on ones that people have wanted to be able to remove the bars in future and ones that haven’t I’ve done with stikaflex
Yeah I don’t intend to remove mine as long as it doesn’t leak! I will unbolt it tomorrow and have a look. I’m guessing it’s just a thread that needs sealing? Bang a load around the bolt and refit it?

Yeah I don’t intend to remove mine as long as it doesn’t leak! I will unbolt it tomorrow and have a look. I’m guessing it’s just a thread that needs sealing? Bang a load around the bolt and refit it?
No not the thread, the opening for the bolt is seperate to the thread in the body

If you take the roof bar off put a ring of sealer around the opening on the body surface and then refit the bar and bolt make sure all surfaces are clean and dry

Looking further at mine tonight! I think it maybe the roof bars. Strange how my brake light has failed at same time tho

Back