Water Ingress Part 2

Northern Monkey

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Well here we go again! I haven’t had the new velle a week and guess what, yes the boot is leaking in on the new one.
I can’t believe that this is happening again I must be cursed lol!
E76ED972-CDD4-47A6-9B15-59AFD5CB2F95.jpeg 1FB078F5-C57C-4BC6-8C1B-D3084297EE89.jpeg
Off to the dealers tomorrow the saga continues!

Nope I think it’s the tailgate and rubber contact this time, looks like it’s dripping between the two.

Update been to the dealers today they’ve had a look and apparently he tailgate was slightly out of line, they say they’ve adjusted it and hopefully it cures the problem.
We shall see! To be continued..........

There is supposed to be a gasket that goes between the tailgate hinge and the van body. The bolts should be done up super tight but I’d ask them to check it’s got this gasket in place in both hinges just to rule that out.

There is supposed to be a gasket that goes between the tailgate hinge and the van body. The bolts should be done up super tight but I’d ask them to check it’s got this gasket in place in both hinges just to rule that out.
Thanks for that will do.

Update the velle has been in for a new tailgate seal and adjustment of the tailgate, are we taking bets if it’s been fixated or not?
The saga continues :slow rofl:

You should ask the dealer to set the pressure washer on the velle to prove the fix before they ask you to waste your time and pick it up again...

A friend called in today, his new Birchover is back with Hillside as he found the rear speaker shelf and all his bedding below it was wet through, there was water dripping from both speakers... the panels have swelled and it sounds expensive... similar problem?

Could be fella although mine was only small drips when it had rained for quite some time, maybe the pop top seal? He hasn’t got roof bars fitted by any chance?

Back