Water in the offside A post

clyde

Hello,
Has anyone had this issue? If so how was it rectified?
The drive side A post has recently started filling up with water and over flowing through the large wiring hole that the cables for the door run through and into the van.
The van is a 66 plate, I’ve had roof bars on since new and never had this issue until about 6 weeks ago.
I’ve checked and sealed the wiring loom on the A post, all good, windscreen is sound and I’ve cleared out any debris in drains around the scuttle panel, I’ve also had wheel arch lining off to check no drain always are blocked.
On looking harder and might be totally not connected, why would a metal bracket under the dash away from the screen be corroded? Is this just because of moisture in the vicinity due to the recent water leak.

Thanks in advance for any advice

08474DBA-2E15-4E7A-A2BE-E751E44D7B66.jpeg

DF9B4C0E-F505-40E7-8165-2E193A222450.jpeg

23A1CD24-7A9A-48C6-B586-D2FC222CC1C9.jpeg

Hello,
Has anyone had this issue? If so how was it rectified?
The drive side A post has recently started filling up with water and over flowing through the large wiring hole that the cables for the door run through and into the van.
The van is a 66 plate, I’ve had roof bars on since new and never had this issue until about 6 weeks ago.
I’ve checked and sealed the wiring loom on the A post, all good, windscreen is sound and I’ve cleared out any debris in drains around the scuttle panel, I’ve also had wheel arch lining off to check no drain always are blocked.
On looking harder and might be totally not connected, why would a metal bracket under the dash away from the screen be corroded? Is this just because of moisture in the vicinity due to the recent water leak.

Thanks in advance for any advice

View attachment 178569

View attachment 178570

View attachment 178571

Hi Clyde, I have exactly the same leak, doin my head in, could you tell me how you fixed it. Thanks for your help Mark

Hi Clyde, I have exactly the same leak, doin my head in, could you tell me how you fixed it. Thanks for your help Mark
Hi Mark,
Not fixed the water in the A post, no idea where it’s getting in, I’ve had the same now on the N/S A post.
But I’ve prevent it getting inside the van.
I read this on another forum and I thought it’s got to be worth a try, not ideal but sorted the water inside issue.

If you remove all the trim on the inside of the post for the best chance of a view, remove the repeater indicator on the outside.
I got a long metal drill and if you can get the positioning right, through where the repeater hole is in the wing, it takes some working out by the way, put a hole into the A post and hopefully if you have the location right it will go through and into the inside of the cavity/void within the A-post, you can check this by sticking your fingers in to have a feel or shine a light through to see if you can see it on the inside.
I got it first time and low down in the area where the water collects.
It’s not stopped the water in the A post but it now allows it drain out instead of collecting and filling up and I’ve had no water coming in since, I half covered the large wiring hole on the inside, by siliconing a piece of plastic across for extra prevention. I run it with no reapeater for a about month and kept an eye on it, you could see the water draining out.
Not ideal but it’s stopped the water in the van….
Hope it helps, but make sure you get drill hole right.
Let me know how you go on.
Col.

Back