Warranty Extension

Lawce

Construction Site Manager
T6 Pro
just had an email from VW about warranty extension, £68 per month, has anyone taken this.Only problem is when you read the small print it says no mods, do they class 20” wheels as a mod, advice greatly appreciated thanks

For me I'd have to review the money cap.. if this warranty covers expensive things like gearbox or engine builds then be worth it..if not it might be better putting 68 into a high interest account and save it up and use as a warranty float..

I was having a glance at this last night. I jave a year left. But was enquiring about the extensions anyway as inlike to forward plan. The named component cover doesnt cover egr valves etc .
Are these expensive to replace on a 2017 26 102bhp?
Il prob stick with the named component in a year as the all component is £1000 a year

This is the glorified insurance "warranty" right?

AFAIK the "proper" warranty is only available within the 1st 3m of purchase and is a fixed, one off price (for a 2y extension to warranty).

68 quid a month...ouch.
EGRs are a known weak point and if you are buying warranty you want this covered

Save the money and use it for repairs at an indie.

Just had our e-mail.... bit less at £45.30, all components and low miles and £250 excess.

Has any one taken out a non VW warrenty or called VW to see if there's any wriggle room?

I havnt but will next year when my warranty is running out.
Anything more than 60 quid a month i think put the money in a savings account instead

Back