Found Wanted T32 20’s

Berger

T6 Pro
Hi I’m looking for a set of wheels that will fit a t32 I’m planning on lowering around 50/70mm anything considered thanks in advance

Ok, with tyres as well? Ill get you some options. Can you DM me your COntact name and email address and ill send some prices though

Hi,
I have the wheels shown on the link below still for sale, they are 21" and fitted straight onto our Caravelle without spacers, only spigot rings which are included in the sale price as are the mounting bolts etc. They looked good and I'd say didn't detract from the handling / ride comfort at all. They are on Michelin 101Y rated tyres which will suit a 3.2t

For Sale - 21" Wheels & Tyres

On checking that again you are correct in saying this though when checking you’re advising folks that a 102 tyre would work which I don’t think counts up either, what I found shows the T32 axle weights at 1710/1720 with a 102 tyre 850
My 101y’s are 825, I assumed four times that being greater than 3200 worked when saying they’d work which I now appreciate isn’t quite correct.

No, we advise a 102 tyre up to T30. And a 103+ for T32. This works out on 20’s to 275/35/20 102 for up to T30. And 265/40/20 104 on a T32.

We never fit or advise to fit under rated tyres or wheels.

You are correct. It’s axle weight, not vehicle weight divided by four - so many people get this wrong, even dealers.

HTH

Minimum tyre rating for a T32 is a 103.

Highest axle weight in accordance with the sticker is 1720kg. Divide by two for each wheel on that axle is 860kg.
A 100 tyre rating = 800kg
101 = 825kg
102 = 850kg
103 = 875kg

So a 102 tyre does not equate to the required minimum load rating of 860kg per corner. That’s why getting the correct rims and tyre combo for a T32 is a pain in the botty. Just when you think you’ve found a wheel, you realise the ideal size of tyre isn’t high enough load rating.
Spent hours the other night doing maths equations to figure out tyre sizes/ rolling circumferences/ and then matching that through to which tyres within a certain % of the necessary circumference were load rated.

My Caravelle was a LWB and rated at 1620/1600 so my combo worked well within this, I now understand the calculations though.
My fitting also gave a genuine 10% improvement in fuel consumption into the bargain with the slightly higher rolling circumference and made the speedo spot on when checked against GPS
A change in circumstances meant I sold it on so I don’t know how much it would have been able to lower but they were a nice fit and a marked improvement in looks

Thank you to everyone that replied, I collected my van yesterday left my house at 9:00 am in Coventry got the train to Edinburgh to buy the van drive home and got back at 12:20 am long day however while at vw Edinburgh I found out the van had been wrongly listed and it’s actually a t30 not a t32 so I’m guessing this has given me a better choice of wheels now

Back