Found Wanted 19" banded Range Rover space savers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Assuming this is to band them:
When hunting down space savers, that it's important to find a set that are pretty much rust free. We've been down the road of finding 4 individual wheels and getting them banded, only to find that those space savers we purchased that had rust scabs, ended up pitted after the powder coating process, and not looking nice at all. Most decent banders like Duchy will pre-warn you about using 2nd hand space savers, and it's an expensive lesson if ignored. Yes, you can have them bended and prep the surfaces yourself, ready for traditional paint, but it's still a very labour intensive process if you are filling and prepping tiny pits from rust.

I get why anyone would want to go down this route. Banded 19s are expensive, plus rarely come up for sale 2nd hand, and if they do come up 2nd hand, as we recently learnt, this can also bite you in the ass if they are buckled. Myself and my wheel partner in crime (I will leave that one open to interpretation) have been down all routes we assumed would save us a few quid, and not one route other than buying direct from Jamie at Duchy worked out well, as he will confirm :cry:

Assuming this is to band them:
When hunting down space savers, that it's important to find a set that are pretty much rust free. We've been down the road of finding 4 individual wheels and getting them banded, only to find that those space savers we purchased that had rust scabs, ended up pitted after the powder coating process, and not looking nice at all. Most decent banders like Duchy will pre-warn you about using 2nd hand space savers, and it's an expensive lesson if ignored. Yes, you can have them bended and prep the surfaces yourself, ready for traditional paint, but it's still a very labour intensive process if you are filling and prepping tiny pits from rust.

I get why anyone would want to go down this route. Banded 19s are expensive, plus rarely come up for sale 2nd hand, and if they do come up 2nd hand, as we recently learnt, this can also bite you in the ass if they are buckled. Myself and my wheel partner in crime (I will leave that one open to interpretation) have been down all routes we assumed would save us a few quid, and not one route other than buying direct from Jamie at Duchy worked out well, as he will confirm :cry:
You mean @T6180 ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back