Waico Coolbox

superflyguy

VIP Member
T6 Legend
Don't know if this has been covered, How long do cool boxes keep cool for ?, I don't have a leisure battery so obviously overnight no extra power. So if plugged in during the day will it stay cool overnight once switched off ? do I need to rely on ice blocks.

Yes it obviously crossed my mind, but I wanted the real opinion of someone that may have one, Rather like googling VW about headlamps and them not telling me they are shit after id spent all that cash on a new van ;)

2-3 hours max.

Before we had a split charge system on our previous vehicle, we charged up a leisure battery and took it with us, ran the Waeco on the car until we camped and then transferred the fridge to the battery, I got about 36-48 hours out of it. Then I added a small portable solar panel and control to the battery and it lasted 3 days.

Gotcha, so I'm afraid I can't help but I know my son, @T6 Dave, has looked at the Waeco site and was most impressed and he is not easily pleased. I believe he was looking at the CFX95DZ2 as it is capable of being a freezer and a fridge in two separate sections.

We've got the small one with two cup holders built in; it will keep canned drinks at 1 degree for 7days running off the VW's second battery, without running the engine. Absolutely silent running, superb bit of kit.

we have had a Waeco CF50 for the last decade, use to run it of the RAP36 (36amp) they also sell, its still going strong.

i know with ours you can set the fridge to switch off at a low/med/high voltage, so if you have it plugged into your starter battery it won't flatten it.

Its the waeco mobicool q40, not a freezer, but seemed a decent one for the price, I know some of these cost a fortune. 2 to 3 hours isn't great @Loz , solar panel idea sounds good :thumbsup:

Back