VWVC Liverpool

Martin Gibson

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello,just thought i would post this as I've had the van for a frw weeks now. I checked a few vans out locally (Carlisle) and found them to be expensive for the spec they had in my opinion. I seen a couple advertised in Liverpool. One had 19 miles on the clock and one had 1900 and was an ex demo. Despite the differing milage, they were both priced much the same,around £25,000 plus Vat. They both had comfort dashes,twin electric sliders and the Navigator system and were both black 5 seaters. By the time i had decided to have a look,they had both sold so i watched their stock for a few weeks. There was lots of vans but not quite the same spec or colour or miles etc. Eventually,an ex demo came in with the same spec in black and 1500 miles on the clock and even better,it was £23,000 plus the Vat. I rang up and reserved it with a deposit,travelled down on the train a few days later and collected it. I think with the spec,mileage etc it was a bargain and just what i was looking for. I dealt with Mark Crosby and couldnt recommend him highly enough,so far i am very happy with the van and it is way better and cheaper than i could have got locally

Hello,just thought i would post this as I've had the van for a frw weeks now. I checked a few vans out locally (Carlisle) and found them to be expensive for the spec they had in my opinion. I seen a couple advertised in Liverpool. One had 19 miles on the clock and one had 1900 and was an ex demo. Despite the differing milage, they were both priced much the same,around £25,000 plus Vat. They both had comfort dashes,twin electric sliders and the Navigator system and were both black 5 seaters. By the time i had decided to have a look,they had both sold so i watched their stock for a few weeks. There was lots of vans but not quite the same spec or colour or miles etc. Eventually,an ex demo came in with the same spec in black and 1500 miles on the clock and even better,it was £23,000 plus the Vat. I rang up and reserved it with a deposit,travelled down on the train a few days later and collected it. I think with the spec,mileage etc it was a bargain and just what i was looking for. I dealt with Mark Crosby and couldnt recommend him highly enough,so far i am very happy with the van and it is way better and cheaper than i could have got locally

Hi
I bought my van from Liverpool van centre nearly 3 years ago
Was a ex demo like yours with 2000 miles (and black!)
So I agree with you, worth the trip
Would buy from them again
Apparently they have the largest turn around of vans in uk, so can offer good deals

I too had a good experience from VW Liverpool but A shocking experience from VW Birmingham

Just like to give them a big :thumbsup: .....Slight hesitation on accelerating ( don’t let the little filters get dirty ) ...Health check completed ( Well Van Clinic)
even retrieved hose clip I dropped on under tray ...all free ...and they lent me this....T6.1 umm..if it had a better dash and a whale fin it would be better....but the dealer gets my vote every time

ps... Something positive to post ....sometime to many negative vibes :mad:

9075CE87-9061-4C16-887B-3BB2043653A8.jpeg

so hesitation issues solved?

what you think the fix was?

so hesitation issues solved?

what you think the fix was?
Hi ya...the three little filter ( I’m my case 3 on 204 engine ) had become contaminated...however the dsg gearbox has a characteristic lag but hope to amend with remap once out of warranty

edit ..it’s not a normal service part...but I’m going to change them every 2 years going forward

AADC1EA6-5ED4-42E7-8F36-2A4D47DAE002.jpeg

Last edited:
fyi . . . where was the orginal post for your issue?

i found this:

so the top 3x are turbo,turbo,turbo (1,2,3)

and the lower one is intake manifold flow valve (7)
1608558446585.png1608558457846.png

Read a few good recommendations for Liverpool VW, just wanted to check that those are for Volkswagen Van Centre Liverpool - No2 Evans Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, L24 9PB ?

I see that they are part of Swansway Volkswagen Commercials - the group seems to get some bad reviews but presume that is other branches?

Reactions: CAB
Read a few good recommendations for Liverpool VW, just wanted to check that those are for Volkswagen Van Centre Liverpool - No2 Evans Road, Liverpool, Merseyside, L24 9PB ?

I see that they are part of Swansway Volkswagen Commercials - the group seems to get some bad reviews but presume that is other branches?
That’s the one. Excellent service when I needed an EGR flush during first lockdown.

Just to add to the recommendation for this centre, van had first MOT and brake fluid change, absolutely no issues, which is sometimes to be expected during an MOT?????. Even had a courtesy van for the short period. Will be taking up the two year warranty etc extension, looks a great offer.

Sadly I've had a very poor experience with this garage. Multiple re-visits. Having to get a second opinion to prove them wrong. They only seem to be helpful once you escalate it.

Can only say my experience was very good but maybe the previous (Lookers Guildford) was so bad I was easily impressed!

Everything went smoothly, was given a brand new loan T6.1 van to borrow (amazed how different it felt to our T6 Shuttle, really noisy and rough) all work done, van cleaned really well, constant updates etc.

Will definitely go back to Liverpool VW for the next service

I ordered a California Coast from them in summer 2020 (they had already ordered it for stock), they had zero stock at that time but organised for me to Test Drive a T6.1 Caravelle and then later with the owners permission have a look around a Coast that had just arrived and was awaiting Pre delivery checks. They responded to every email and phone call and kept me informed of build dates and expected delivery dates. The hand over was during the January 2021 lockdown, it was done very well, contactless but I was shown through all the camping set up on site with the salesman wiping down everything he touched as he went along. The van (touch wood) has been absolutely faultless so I can't comment on after sales but I was impressed with my experience.

Bought 2 vans off Swansway, 1 Wrexham, 1 Liverpool & one on order from Liverpool. Mostly at distance with delivery. Good demo tho during the Christmas break for latest van.

Been great to deal with & looking forward to the new van.

Back